Pump Club

thepasty

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So what are the Hatsan pumps like then? Would i be better off with one of the Winchesters for the same money?

Whats a good pump on a budget? :)

For the same money you can buy a secondhand Wingmaster, , which is an infinitely better gun. You just have to look though :)

Well i think it was fate.

Browsing Guntrader and I see this pop up at my local gun shop. Shot down there straight away and got it for less than half the price of a new one and got a slip thrown in as well :)

The stock is a bit tatty but it looks like it has not had a lot of work and for the price I think i got a steal :yahoo:

lyK8NK8t.jpg

1zxcMKtG.jpg

Edited by ace_of_hearts

Yes, but *not* for the M&P (Military and Police) versions. :) Look for the extra sear on side of the hammer. You'll likely find it's not there.

You *will*, though, find this useful:

http://stevespages.com/pdf/ithaca_3787.pdf

Always remove the stock before undoing the trigger plate screw.

Nice find.

Have fun.

Regar

Mark.

Thanks for that. I did get the owners manual but that one will come in very handy too I'm sure.

Thanks for that.

You are welcome.

I did get the owners manual but that one will come in very handy too I'm sure.

I downloaded a copy of Ithaca's modern offering but found it a bit "Noddy" compared to the facsimile in that link.

I forgot to mention that the members of this site will make you welcome:

http://ithacaowners.com

In addition, the usual forums can be trawled for Ithaca-related information:

http://www.thehighroad.org

http://thefiringline.com/forums

Not forgetting that old stalwart:

http://www.shotgunworld.com

Regards,

Mark.

Membership confirmed.....

Hooray today i picked up my membership credentials.....

A Savage Arms Stevens Model 70.... in 12g....

I also picked up a Browning Auto 5!!!! made By FN......

Right how do i age these new additions and does anyone have any idea where i can pick up the manuals as i have no idea for stripping and cleaning!!!!!!

thanks

HP

winchester SXP any good?

Ive just bought one. Had about 300-400 carts through it so far with no problem. It half pumps itself. if you hold it lightly it will bring the bolt back and ejects a cart. all you have to do is push it forward again.

Took it apart to clean it. Putting it back together was a pain in the ****! Mainly the first/last bolt!

how do you get on with the kids size LOP Malik?

Its not that bad if i am honest. I could do with another inch on it ideally but you do forget about it. I've had to order a cheek pad to raise my cheek for a better line of sight though. For the price of a second sxp though i cant complain at a £10 cheek pad.

The old A5's are awesome guns I have a couple of FN models too. Proper steel and wood. Nice. Just be Careful stripping out the A5. I have did loads of them in a previous life and they are finicky if you're not used to them. Also, make your own screwdriver as the screw heads have very fine slots- grind down a shop bought one if need be. Its why you see so many with knackered screw heads coz boggo screwdrivers wont seat properly. Map out where the screws and lock screws come from so they go back in the same hole to make sure they all seat properly.

Also check you have all the bits for the friction rings and make sure they're set right for the kind of loads you're using. Enjoy.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, im after abit of advice chaps. Im planning on trading in my Mossberg 600at and my hatsan semi for a new or near mint pump. Are the benellis worth the extra money? I see the sxps are fairly cheap brand new but really fancy a super nova. Any advice would be grand, cheers.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, im after abit of advice chaps. Im planning on trading in my Mossberg 600at and my hatsan semi for a new or near mint pump. Are the benellis worth the extra money? I see the sxps are fairly cheap brand new but really fancy a super nova. Any advice would be grand, cheers.

The supernova is worth every penny simply awesome pump !!!!

The old A5's are awesome guns I have a couple of FN models too. Proper steel and wood. Nice. Just be Careful stripping out the A5. I have did loads of them in a previous life and they are finicky if you're not used to them. Also, make your own screwdriver as the screw heads have very fine slots- grind down a shop bought one if need be. Its why you see so many with knackered screw heads coz boggo screwdrivers wont seat properly. Map out where the screws and lock screws come from so they go back in the same hole to make sure they all seat properly.

Also check you have all the bits for the friction rings and make sure they're set right for the kind of loads you're using. Enjoy.

Thanks for that, this one has been around the block.... So far I've field stripped will get around to removing screws when I feel brave...

I guess it depends on what you want to do with it, but if loading it fast features high on your needs list, then the Supernova is the gun for you.

N