Pump Club

thepasty

My club is ok with pumps semis or O/U. Oddest thing happened with the SXP on thursday though. Was shooting sporting it didn't eject the cart and jammed. Bolt would not release, after 2 of us looked at it at this stand we were stood on and tried bringing the bolt back. Ended up stripping it to make it safe and took it back to the club house. A fellow shooter up there help me put it back together in the end, still a very random jam though.

that happened to me a couple of times, the first time i took the barel off and managed to get the cartridge out, the second time i banged the recoil pad on the floor and the cart flew out the side.

i am hopeing its just happenin because its new?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Took the winchester to a certain shooting school near cheltenham yesterday. Was having a lovely round, when one of the ground staff stopped behind me and watched me shoot, i said hello, he said " how many cartridges have you got in that gun sir?" I replied two, he said " are you sure?" I said yes, he replied you haven't got three have you?" I then said would you like to check? ??? He then walked off!!

The arrogance of the fool.

firstly, accept an answer from a customer who is paying over the odds for a round of clays, secondly i have spent over £5k in their gun shop in the last two years and don't think that everyone that shoots with anything less than a hand made Browning is a liar and cannot follow clay ground rules...

To be fair, as great as the ground is, the attitude of the staff is awful and i wont be going back again.

Anyone else met with such treatment when using a pump?

Oh dear, that would have set my blood boiling. What a chump.

Guest cookoff013

no, but i have had similar with an automatic.

the way i load an auto is to close bolt, put 2 under, and cycle the shell in the chamber. thats incase i drop the gun trying to put one underneath.

i fired off 2 shells, action stayed back. there was repeated calls for me to empty the 3rd shell (which didnt exist.), but on inspection after the issue was raised a few times

it was completely clear.

some one came over to give me a mouthful,

then watched as i loaded up again. then i shot, and the calls came again. with repeated "he`s hidden it in the gun"

the guy wandered off shaking his head

that happened to me a couple of times, the first time i took the barel off and managed to get the cartridge out, the second time i banged the recoil pad on the floor and the cart flew out the side.

i am hopeing its just happenin because its new?

Thats exactly what we had to do, remove the barrel and the bolt came with it. It was really jammed on to it! A good pull got it off in the end then had to put it all back together. Ive shot over a 1000 carts through it and that was the first jam, I've fully stripped it and cleaned it, hopefully that will be the last...

Guest cookoff013

I dont understand this paranoia over loading a 3rd cart, we all know that its two only and theres no reason to load a third anyways...

Ignorant arrogance if you ask me.

yup. absolute paranoia.

before i leave the cage, i pump the gun like 3 times, to clear the shell and confirm it twice. someone made a comment about over pumping it.

not realising its to clear and confirm, but to think its just for fun.

skeet with a pump is the bomb !

I had a simlar insident at WMSG (Hodnet) this summer. A group of 3 of us, 2 shooting semi-autos and one over and under. I went up and shot my 10 clays, after I shot my 10th clay I put the safty on and started to put the safety flag in, I hadnt even done this and the trapper/scorer pipes up with attitude about picking up my emptys, I hadnt event left the cage......So I said I would let the other semi-auto user shoot first and pick all the cartriges up at once. He didnt need to be so quick or rude or judgemental.

Out of interest I stood and watched the next group shoot after us and they all shot over and unders, yet not a word was said when they left and left empty cases on the floor. I just bit my tongue and moved on.

So next time I go I plan to take the pump action in the hope of seeing him again, hopefully he will be really discusted that I dare turn up and use such a contraption and enjoy it ! LOL