Pump Club

thepasty

hello willpoon, Altcar clay club might venture up that one next sunday if your going where is it? have you ever took yours to worsley,

well picking the mossy up a lot sooner this week :good: getting a few bits from midway to put on it sling and a shell holder for the buttstock,

is £375 a good price for a used mossberg 500a?, just thought the lighter weight and benefit of an extra shell unless you've got a fac one

would be a benefit when using it on vermin & birds.

Sounds OK if it is in good nick. They are cheap new, but not that many come up secondhand, so they tend to hold their prices OK.

I would check other places before Midway - they sell the lot but they are not cheap.

You can shoot anything but a driven day with a pump - and that is due to tradition, not suitability. They are great for general shooting as they are not cartridge fussy as a semi, and tend to be lighter than an O/U.

The biggest advantage is that shooting a pump action makes you look both big AND clever. Should really be the motto of pump club...

Edited by Wharf Rat

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you think it would be any use for lamping with a low powered lamp/at dusk?

Dont see why not.. The scope just puts a "dot" in space. You dont look through the scope, you just look forwards and you see a dot. Sp i cant see hwy it wouldnt make an effective sight for any activity.

it is the action worked fine on it no major marks or scuffs on stock or barrel, getting a set of 3 chokes with it as well.

ah ok any recommendations shops/websites to look at? before I look at midway, funnily enough my dad is after a semi auto-

winchester sx3 in 20 gauge anyone had any experience of these?

so semi's are fussy on carts never used one before, ha like it good motto :yes:

Dont see why not.. The scope just puts a "dot" in space. You dont look through the scope, you just look forwards and you see a dot. Sp i cant see hwy it wouldnt make an effective sight for any activity.

I shoot with a red dot scope on my 22lr semi sometimes, you shoot both eyes open as you do a shotgun (theirs no magnification), it makes for super quick target acquisition on close range bunnies.

Another new member - yesterday picked-up a Winchester SXP with 26" barrel.

After adding a rubber comb raiser & fibre optic sight took it to my local clay ground - what a great little shotgun!

Thanks to WillPoon for his input.

glad you enjoyed your gun the other day pal :good:

Alright Pump Clubbers,

Picked up the 870 I posted about a couple of weeks ago, its a Wingmaster and from the manual that Neil posted up its a 1969 model I think, rifle sights are on the barrel so might look at getting a second barrel if I don't get on with the notch and blade. its got a few little marks on the wood but the metal work is in great condition bar a bit of wear on the mag tube.

Can't wait to get out and give it a try!