Superbowl

ollie

Well tonight marks the end of the NFL season with the Superbowl. I am a big Ravens fan so I have a big interest tonight. Really looking forward to it, Ravens leader Ray Lewis retires after this game so it should be an emotional contest, not to mention that the head coaches of both teams are brothers.

Just watching the golf now, then Superbowl and lots of beer.

Errrrr..... What's a Super Bowl?!!!!

It's a kind of Girlie rugby rip-off , where they wear lots of padding and helmets, play for about 5 seconds then the whole team changes for another one. It's a 60min game that takes 4 hours, with untold commercial breaks, probably the most boring waste of air time going.

It's a kind of Girlie rugby rip-off , where they wear lots of padding and helmets, play for about 5 seconds then the whole team changes for another one. It's a 60min game that takes 4 hours, with untold commercial breaks, probably the most boring waste of air time going.

I'm with you on that Kev56

A sport that's revenue generation and following makes brit sports look silly! :good:

Not sure on that one. Last seasons premier league final day was watched by over 380 million according to sky sports. If we had the same population as USA I'm sure it would be much more. It's just a game for people who like rugby but dont want to get hurt so wear padding.

Edited by Browning 425 clay hunter

Check out this video from the last Ravens game, the ball carrier gets knocked out cold. Girly rugby indeed lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYGPId7pHtk

Quite got into the game when C4 started airing it years ago now,but lost interest after watching my first live game.Stop start,stop start,and ad's every few seconds;seemed to go on for ever.Haven't watched it since.

There's the voice of [no] experience.

AF isn't a 'girlie rugby rip-off' - if anything, you're much more likely to get (seriously) injured playing American football.

Rugby, yeah you get tackled, yeah it can hurt, and yeah, you can get injured. But who and how you can tackle is severely limited. In American Football, pretty much anything goes - you can blind-side unexpected players who aren't even the ball carrier, hit low (knees), high (head), and double team players.

There's also a much wider gap between player weights and strength in AF. Linemen can easily be 340lb (and still able to run a 100m in a similar time to Usain Bolt), and QB's and receivers can be as light as 180lb.AF is more specialized, but rugby players need to be better all rounders.

Personally I like both, but dismissing AF as 'girlie' makes you as ignorant as the people who think it's impossible to miss a (clay) pigeon with a shotgun, simply because hundreds of pellets come out the barrel...

Ahhhh like a gayer version of the 6 nations. Glad I didn't waste any of my life watching that! (Don't watch the 6 nations either mind :lol: )

" Linemen can easily be 340lb (and still able to run a 100m in a similar time to Usain Bolt)"

I must be ignorant then if that's true,

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/02/27/official-40-yard-dash-results-defensive-linemen/

Usain can run the 40-yard dash in about 4.1 seconds. The first two guys on that list run it in 4.5 and 4.6 seconds, weighing 250lb and 260lb respectively.

To put that into perspective, most runners that can do the dash in around 4.2 seconds can do the 100m in 10 seconds flat.

Stephen Paea weighs 300lb, has just set the NFL scouting bench press record and runs the 40 in 4.9 seconds. That's like getting hit by a train!