Bed ridden!

Lord Geordie

Holy crapola!

Had a bit of a sore throat and dry cough yesterday at work! Now I am stuck in bed waiting for the Doc. Can't breath propperly like someone has broke my ribs then parked a car on my chest. Shivers, fever, egg yolk size brown phlegm being brought up. To cap it all off I am feeling like I am gonna be sick too :no:

Bit concerned actually as my Cousin DIED last week of Phneumonia at the ripe old age of 47.

I had no contact with Her so I doubt I contracted that from her, but the symptoms bare uncanny likenesses. :o

Not good. I have a Holiday coming up soon too :no:

ditto same here 3 weeks on and still not right was coughing up green, brown and blood

what antibiotics as he put you on , i think i need some more :/

and yes to the sickness feeling especially at night trying to sleep i think it was the mucus , thats what a bought up anyway a big ball of it :)

Edited by darren m

ditto same here 3 weeks on and still not right was coughing up green, brown and blood

what antibiotics as he put you on , i think i need some more :/

and yes to the sickness feeling especially at night trying to sleep i think it was the mucus , thats what a bought up anyway a big ball of it :)

Sure it wasn't a fur ball :lol:

antibiotics will soon be useless due to the amount of people taking them for trivial illnesses.

Believe you me I am not normally the person to turn to medication of any type. Headaches I just drink plenty water and sleep it off. Chest infections I just ride out. THIS is no normal infection. I have trouble breathing AND moving. In 40+ years I have NEVER experienced anything like this.

Just getting over it myself, been 3 weeks now. I am never ill but this just hit me for 6.

Tried to ride it out for 10 days but just got worse and worse, ended up seeing the Dr and he thought it was possibly pneumonia so put me on anti biotics and sent me for chest xrays. It turned out to be a nasty chest infection, but the Dr said he had seen a lot of people with it who had become severly ill and it had progressed to pneumonia.

Still not 100% now and worse thing about it i had to cancel a long awaited trip wildfowling.