roosting again

yickdaz

shot the same wood as last week today on the game shoot , the friend who i shot with last week couldn,t make it today so let me shoot in his place, i turned out a bit later today shooting normally starts at 12pm but i turned up at 1.30pm, i put up a lot of birds off a cover strip as i walked round the edge of the wood, after a while standing in the wood i noticed a few birds trickling back to the cover strip i went back to the car and grabbed the rotary with the thought of trying to decoy a few before roost it worked to a certain extent, but i couldn,t pull the birds of a spud field way over in the distance.

i could see about 500 birds miling round the field and over a big wood, by 4pm they started to come in the wood but again lack of wind, had them pitching in all over the place, i picked the upwind side of wood and got some shooting it was enjoyable, had some really nice birds and a right and left, pleased with the result

picked 14 lost 4 post-21887-0-12860100-1361645633_thumb.jpg