plusnet, anyone use them?

Paddy Galore!

I reckon it's always worth being with BT if you're in an area where BT control the line speed. Where I live (I'm on Sky at mo) BT turn the speed down for non-BT customers at evenings and weekends making watching any online programme impossible. The speed test goes from about 6 mbps during the day to about 0.3 in the evenings.

Ive been with Plusnet for a couple of years now and they have been brilliant, just switched to fibre and chuffed with the service.

Only thing to keep an eye on is your download limit, ive been stung once for going over badly never again!

What was your limit, or did you breach the FUP?

I'm with Plusnet, have been for a couple of years now. I get the same speed I got with BT, and I pay less than half what I used to pay. (Currently £2.50 per month for my broadband!) This is unlimited download, and (apparently) unthrottled. Plus I've had good customer service from them when needed.

Been with them for 6 years and through 2 house moves, and never had a problem at all nor need to ring them other than to arrange house moves. Cheap enough unlimited download limit package, speed is about 4mb (old cables to local exchange) and never had issue that not being enough, xbox live, sky go, ipads and phones all connected wirelessly.

I have been with plusnet for well over a year now and I have no complaints. They might not be as quick as (For instance) BT but they are reasonably priced and reliable, and their customer service staff speak english!

This another reason why I changed over to plusnet if you have a problem you get to talk to British people I have nothing against Indian people but find it better to talk to people who speak English as there first language.

One question as BT own Plusnet if you have a problem do you get a BT man come to sort out the problem or a Plusnet one when I was with Talk Talk I had to wait a week for the chap to come only to be told the problem is outside you need a BT man to fix it.

don't worry 4wd I have BT and am running on their "test" socket due to problems. Dealing with India has done my head in, being told as the test socket works its my problem really boiled my urine bearing in mind they installed the socket a year ago and the broadband router is plugged directly into it. Then they keep putting prices up and leaving me with a 5 year old router that drops connection fairly regularly and a connection that varies hugely despite the fact we are hardly in a remote area. At least if i was with talk talk or plus net I wouldn't be paying through the nose for the privilege of being mucked about

don't worry 4wd I have BT and am running on their "test" socket due to problems. Dealing with India has done my head in, being told as the test socket works its my problem really boiled my urine bearing in mind they installed the socket a year ago and the broadband router is plugged directly into it. Then they keep putting prices up and leaving me with a 5 year old router that drops connection fairly regularly and a connection that varies hugely despite the fact we are hardly in a remote area. At least if i was with talk talk or plus net I wouldn't be paying through the nose for the privilege of being mucked about

I had problems with my talk talk router about three years ago and got fed up with complaining so a got one off Amazon only cost about £25 and it worked fine for quite a while then it was getting slow so a friend told me to get a long lead and use do it direct instead of by radio and my speed jumped way up so if you can I would recommend that everyone use cable connection at least for your desk top computer.