Hats in public

antuk99

Ok call me old fashioned but working and in the pub there are lads wearing hats / benies /flat caps /trilbies and so but I always take mine off inside just a respectful thing but are times changing

i quite agree we had some cockney berk on the rig that insisted on wearing a baseball cap in the mess room at meal times this really boiled my barnacles!!!! to the point he was told it was unacceptable by me and the captain!! its something i cannot abide!! if you wear a hat you take it off as you walk throught he door to go inside no matter were you are!! :big_boss:

I went bald pretty young 25-26ish (now 32) so started wearing a cap and it's fairly unusual to see me without one to the point that if I am people actually pass comment. I do however remove it when eating out and when in my or anybody else's house.

I went bald pretty young 25-26ish (now 32) so started wearing a cap and it's fairly unusual to see me without one to the point that if I am people actually pass comment. I do however remove it when eating out and when in my or anybody else's house.

Right! Next time I'm down in Ponty', I'll be knocking the hats off every male I see, and if there's a bald head underneath, then I'll know it's you! :lol:

Any male over the age of 15 who wears a baseball cap is a bit sad in my opinion. Unless he works for someone like Fed-ex and has to wear it. Blokes who wear hats inside are just showing their lack of upbringing which is all too common these days..

However, I am not anti hat, I think its good to have a nice hat, warm in the winter and cool in the summer

http://www.ardmoor.co.uk/products/BCFH/hoggs-of-fife-crushable-wool-felt-boston-hat

Edited by Vince Green

I wear a hat on occasions, I do however remove it when in a house or pub.

If your out at a game fair would you remove it every time you enter a marquee or entering a shop on the high street, I don't and never noticed others who have.

Figgy

Right! Next time I'm down in Ponty', I'll be knocking the hats off every male I see, and if there's a bald head underneath, then I'll know it's you! :lol:

Lol. You'll have to widen the search though mate because you won't find me anywhere near the dump of a town centre lol.