Is America irreversibly pro-gun?

Dr_Scholl

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes they are and I hope they stay that way :P.

Clearly British gun laws are working oh so well.

No gun laws are 100% are they, but when was the last time the local nut job went ans slaughtered loads of children with automatic assault rifles etc in this country ?.

If pro gun means they want the right to be able to purchase any gun from a pistol to a 50 cal then I dont agree with it.

They are blinkered by their pro gun stance but the facts are if it worked so well they wouldn't be so scared of loosing the status quo.

Over here works well and it is reassuring the steps we have to go through, still won't stop all the nut jobs but has to be better than nothing

No gun laws are 100% are they, but when was the last time the local nut job went ans slaughtered loads of children with automatic assault rifles etc in this country ?.

If pro gun means they want the right to be able to purchase any gun from a pistol to a 50 cal then I dont agree with it.

Why shouldn't you be able to purchase any gun from a ppistol to a 50 cal? The crime only occurs when you use that gu with malicious intent, not when you purchase it.

Over here works well and it is reassuring the steps we have to go through, still won't stop all the nut jobs but has to be better than nothing

I don't know if it works, so well. Thousands of people had their property, for better of for worse stolen in 1988 and 1997. Hassle in getting into shooting clubs, hunting, long winded FAC process and ridiculously long periods. Guns banned just for political purposes and even know police departments making laws up as they go along, silly mentoring conditions etc. What is good about British gun laws, the answer is ****** all!

They are blinkered by their pro gun stance but the facts are if it worked so well they wouldn't be so scared of loosing the status quo.

+1

Its not worth arguing when people think the US have the right system

A system where a retarded person can not buy a new gun from a dealer but can legally buy a second hand gun without even registering it.

Quote taken from Wikipedia

Data analysis of crime gun databases showed that 70% of guns recovered at crime scenes in Virginia were purchased within one year of the crime, suggesting that in some cases guns are purchased with the intent to commit a crime or murder.

The more accessible gun are to people the higher the chance of them being used to commit crime

Bravo !! Most of you seem to be in favor of our Pro gun stance. Recall that Hitler disarmed Germany before he proceeded his treachery. The constitutions second amendment was put there to enable the citizens to thwart an oppressive government, AR 15s are not the same as fully auto guns---huge difference. Gun registration is a preamble to confiscation and banning certain guns has no effect on crimes committed at all.

Exactly, confiscation has happened in Britain in 1997 when short barrel handguns were prohibited. I hope you never give up your rights and the Second Amendment, a right which originates in the British Bill of Rights of 1689 which has never been repealed in the Uk it hasn't been recognized, this is the only difference. The way your gun laws work is good, for people to even suggest that Britain has good gun laws in complete bufoonery.

Yes I think that the fact that so many Americans stood up to the govenrment and wrote to their senators and representatives is very important in why no AWB managed to get passed. IN fact I saw that myself after the tragedy in Cumbria in 2010, I emailed my mps and other organisations trying to raise awareness for gun rights and so that further restricting legislation doesn't get passed in Britain and it worked. Since thousands of others have done the same. The same influence and feeling didn't exist in 1988 and 1997 when shooting organisations basically threw us under the bus.

Nowadays I think BASC has got thier act together and dare say so have the British NRA.

Edited by Steppenwolf

The pen is indeed mighty, main reason why I finally chucked up $50 for a 2 year NRA membership.They have tremendous clout in politics and spend $$$$$ to get people elected that are in line with their thinking.The same is done by the antigun lobby, it comes down to pocket depth. Obama has appointed Supreme court justices that are in alignment with his way of thinking and they will be there long after he is gone. There is a lot more politics involved than meets the eye. When you read statistics about gun crime in this country remember that the US press is decidedly anti-gun and most times numbers are skewed.

I think something recent world events have taught us that the mobile phone and Internet are the musket and pike of the 21st century it's the old pen and sword argument.

Bravo !! Most of you seem to be in favor of our Pro gun stance. Recall that Hitler disarmed Germany before he proceeded his treachery. The constitutions second amendment was put there to enable the citizens to thwart an oppressive government, AR 15s are not the same as fully auto guns---huge difference. Gun registration is a preamble to confiscation and banning certain guns has no effect on crimes committed at all.

LOL an American and a ..... well ... I always try to be respectful

commenting on UK gun control,.... this is one of many areas we are head & shoulders above the USA

UK GUN LAW ......flawed? yes

better than the US ? MOST CERTAINLY.

Im not even gonna look at this topic again....... there's no reasoning with some people

Their 2nd amendment is our 7th in the Bill of Rights.

I remember when writing to MP's and even members of the House of Lords how few knew of this bill and yet the oath that all servents of the Crown swear to, Is to serve the Crown and uphold the rights and privalages of the subjects. (Failing to do that is Treason)

It was recognised by the Speaker of The House as it was discused in the house (A couple of pages in the Hansard) But we were advised that we should not 'rock the boat' and we lost the use of handguns!!

Has any one seen the massive build up (over 2,500) of bullet proof and bomb proof vehicles that the government have, for snatch squads. Along with 1,500.000.000 (1.5 billion) rounds of expanding ammo to be used on US citizens.

Should they give up. From the order of a man that hasn't got a propper birth certificate. And a social security number thats 119 years old!

Keep your powder dry, and good luck to ya all.

Exactly, confiscation has happened in Britain in 1997 when short barrel handguns were prohibited. I hope you never give up your rights and the Second Amendment, a right which originates in the British Bill of Rights of 1689 which has never been repealed in the Uk it hasn't been recognized, this is the only difference. The way your gun laws work is good, for people to even suggest that Britain has good gun laws in complete bufoonery.