410 Shot pistol

simoncup

post-62949-0-05984600-1364644401_thumb.jpg

Hi All,

I`m new to the forum.
I have recently inherited my late fathers 410 pistol, which I have had refurbished.
I`m looking for information on the approximate age, possible manufacturer and a guestimate on the value.
I`ve trawled the net looking for similar guns for sale and for information. Both which seem to be scarce!!!
Any info would be gratefully received.

Thanks,

Simon.

They are available on FAC there are a few RFD that sell .410 derringers for this squirrels in an apple orchard was one justification I have heard of or despatch......http://www.gunstar.co.uk/Shotgun/Bond-Derringer-gun-for-sale-gs46353.aspx

Not heard of one on SGC tho......

As for info the proof marks are the place to start.

Edited by HDAV

I don't want to be a Jonah but surely this pistol is S5 and maybe not too good an idea to put it on a public forum? I don't know of any exemptions due to age as it isn't an obsolete calibre etc so maybe someone more knowledgeable than me can advise.

And what about expanding ammo, should we show that on a public forum? Rubbish its a blooming nice gun and has its place, otherwise it wouldn't be ticketed. I would have one but I wouldn't give say a Glock the time of day

I don't want to be a Jonah but surely this pistol is S5 and maybe not too good an idea to put it on a public forum? I don't know of any exemptions due to age as it isn't an obsolete calibre etc so maybe someone more knowledgeable than me can advise.

taken from the HO guidance

Section 4 of the 1997 Act allows the

possession and use of shot pistols in calibres

.410 and 9mm rimfire, provided that such a

pistol is “subject to a condition that it is only

for use in connection with the shooting of

vermin” (see Appendix 3 for the exact

wording of the condition which covers these

circumstances). This exemption was intended

mainly for pest controllers who may need to

use a firearm of this kind in farm buildings,

farmyards and similar areas where use of

a conventional shot gun would be

inappropriate, for example fruit cages

or near release pens.

whats the problem ? I have one on my certificate all above board

Deershooter

Mate had on on shotgun cert for vermin round pens and sheds

not available on shot gun cert firearms only

Deershooter

Simon, I'd be interested to know what it shoot like, is it overly loud? What sort of pattern do you get? How much recoil?

It is reasonably loud. Easy to shoot with one hand. Not patterned it yet, but effective range is allegedly fairly limited. My main reason to keep it was scarcity and the fact that it belonged to my father. Sentimentality is not a reason though according to my FLO. So I had to have a justified reason to keep it. Luckily the land I have permission to shoot on is adjacent to my house and there are numerous farm buildings with vermin problems!!!!