Philpots

THE AD

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he could be in the higher end of the scale as there was little or no provocation unless you count his ex taking the kids and doing a bunk and they did try to hide the crime, lets hope he gets life, yep i googled it now im a lawyer. my moneys still on ten serves five which would be disgraceful less than a year per kid but for now its anybodys guess. can they give him longer for being such a scum bag?

Tables: Type/Nature of Activity Sentence Ranges & Starting Point

Low degree of provocation: Sentence Range: 10 years - life
A low degree of provocation occurring over a short period Starting Point - 12 years custody

Substantial degree of provocation: Sentence Range: 4 - 9 years
A substantial degree of provocation occurring over a short period - Starting Point - 8 years custody

High degree of provocation: Sentence Range: if custody is necessary, up to 4 years
A high degree of provocation occurring over a short period - Starting Point - 3 years custody

Additional aggravating factors

• Concealment or attempts to dispose of evidence
  • Dismemberment or mutilation of the body
  • Offence committed in the presence of a child/children or other vulnerable family member
Edited by overandunder2012

They will all get Life; the judge will set a tariff (the minimum they should serve).

This will be different in all three cases; I would expect Philpot will die in prison.

His time will not be easy as we don't have many multiple child killers in the system.

Her time will also be hard as most women she will serve with will hate what she has done.

What he should get is life for each child to run consecutively seeing that life sentencs are generally considered to around 15 years), that would ensure he never gets out. She should get the same.

Won't happen though, the police do an excellent job in cases involving unlawful child deaths and other crimes against children but are unashamedly let down by the courts on so many occasions.

I used to think the Americans were crazy with some of the sentences they hand out, 99 years plus life e.g. When I thought about it they are not, what they are doing is ensuring the guilty never get released. No parole no time off for being a good lad, they die inside.

he could be in the higher end of the scale as there was little or no provocation unless you count his ex taking the kids and doing a bunk and they did try to hide the crime, lets hope he gets life, yep i googled it now im a lawyer. my moneys still on ten serves five which would be disgraceful less than a year per kid but for now its anybodys guess. can they give him longer for being such a scum bag?

Tables: Type/Nature of Activity Sentence Ranges & Starting Point

Low degree of provocation: Sentence Range: 10 years - life

A low degree of provocation occurring over a short period Starting Point - 12 years custody

Substantial degree of provocation: Sentence Range: 4 - 9 years

A substantial degree of provocation occurring over a short period - Starting Point - 8 years custody

High degree of provocation: Sentence Range: if custody is necessary, up to 4 years

A high degree of provocation occurring over a short period - Starting Point - 3 years custody

Additional aggravating factors

• Concealment or attempts to dispose of evidence
  • Dismemberment or mutilation of the body
  • Offence committed in the presence of a child/children or other vulnerable family member

Agreed. It'll be the higher end of the scale. It will certainly be life, I would think, and will probably serve at least 15 years.

J.

Im crossing my fingers, I dont like how its manslaughter rather than murder just because they didnt mean to do it.

You can't be convicted of murder unless you intended to kill or do GBH. I think their plan was to stage some miraculous rescue or something (not sure as I haven't been following it closely) so it would be difficult to prove that they intended either of those things.

Whatever the sentence it will be a very long one. As someone has mentioned, he is likely to die in prision and rightly so.

J.

Edited by JonathanL

What he should get is life for each child to run consecutively seeing that life sentencs are generally considered to around 15 years), that would ensure he never gets out. She should get the same.

Won't happen though, the police do an excellent job in cases involving unlawful child deaths and other crimes against children but are unashamedly let down by the courts on so many occasions.

I used to think the Americans were crazy with some of the sentences they hand out, 99 years plus life e.g. When I thought about it they are not, what they are doing is ensuring the guilty never get released. No parole no time off for being a good lad, they die inside.

I don't accept that. The courts merely apply the law and can't sentence people to terms which are not provided for in law. Having said that, I'm not aware of child killers getting unduly lenient sentences. Ian Huntley, after all, is doing a minimum of 40 years. Realistically, he will never get out.

J.

You can't be convicted of murder unless you intended to kill or do GBH. I think their plan was to stage some miraculous rescue or something (not sure as I haven't been following it closely) so it would be difficult to prove that they intended either of those things.

Whatever the sentence it will be a very long one. As someone has mentioned, he is likely to die in prision and rightly so.

J.

I sincerely hope so!

J.

I believe the idea was to set the fire,rescue the kids and then get rehoused in a larger house.

The father is a scroate,plain and simple.I lived not too far away from that estate in Derby for a while and had mates who actually lived on that same estate.Basically he is a waste of oxygen

Hopefully the judge will have his head screwed on right and give them all the maximum sentance available but I guess its all in the hands of the gods at this moment in time.

Firing squad for all three in my book.....they could look no further than here for volunteers to form one.

The crime, although it went wrong, was pre planned and those poor kids were a tool,A means to an end to get what HE wanted.

Disgusting that the tax payer has had to fork out for these sad uneducated individuals in the past, Pay for their trial and now will probably end up forking out hundreds of thousands of pounds to keep them alive in jail.

Far better to get value for money with a tenners worth of .308 ammo.

They will all get Life; the judge will set a tariff (the minimum they should serve).

This will be different in all three cases; I would expect Philpot will die in prison.

His time will not be easy as we don't have many multiple child killers in the system.

Her time will also be hard as most women she will serve with will hate what she has done.

That's pretty much the long and short of it. You couldnt really get higher up a bored, fed up lifers hit list without being a sex case.

He is going to have a hard time, and I have no sympathy.

Yep,couldn't agree more.

I sincerely hope someone 'gets to him' inside and then all the state has to fork out for is a funeral.