beatles or stones

unapalomablanca

I watched 'crossfire hurricane' the other night and found it o.k. I do like quite a few stones numbers but can never understand why they sell out so many stadiums at such huge ticket prices. Now on the other hand, when the beatles decided to be serious and got deep into their music i thought they were amazing, the depth between the two bands was in my opinion miles apart. For the record, i went to see the stones in 1990 at wembley on the 'steel wheels' tour and found it a bit 'tinny' . I obviously havent seen the beatles but i have seen mccartney a couple of times and he was very good.

So an age old question, Who was the best?

Edited by unapalomablanca

The Stones ought to have known when it was time to hang up their zimmer frames guitars. I don't think they are doing their memory any good by trying to keep going. They ain't fooling nobody.

How Richards and Wood are still alive defies belief. Ronnie Wood came from round here although his brother Art was more visible, drinking in local pubs etc.

The Stones ought to have known when it was time to hang up their zimmer frames guitars. I don't think they are doing their memory any good by trying to keep going. They ain't fooling nobody.

How Richards and Wood are still alive defies belief. Ronnie Wood came from round here although his brother Art was more visible, drinking in local pubs etc.

+ 1.....but I always prefered the Stones back in the 60's.

Both groups are simply products of media hype.One of my uncles (rip Trevor) went to a Beatles concert in London when the group hit the big time,he said that they were so bad that hundreds of people were walking out (him included) and that the press were taking pictures of the "fans" leaving-next days headlines "Hundreds of fans waiting outside as concert sold out"-nuff said.

I watched 'crossfire hurricane' the other night and found it o.k. I do like quite a few stones numbers but can never understand why they sell out so many stadiums at such huge ticket prices. Now on the other hand, when the beatles decided to be serious and got deep into their music i thought they were amazing, the depth between the two bands was in my opinion miles apart. For the record, i went to see the stones in 1990 at wembley on the 'steel wheels' tour and found it a bit 'tinny' . I obviously havent seen the beatles but i have seen mccartney a couple of times and he was very good.

So an age old question, Who was the best?

Have to say the Stones. That's not to say the Beatles weren't important but, lets face it, the Stones sell out stadia because they're, well, available!

The Beatles were very 'cutting edge' and acomplished a massive amount, influencing lots of bands...but.... they were quite short lived in the end. The Stones are still around and are still crerating music and doing a very good job of it.

Although I have to say that if aged rockers are your thing then AC/DC are doing a bloody good job! Best band on the face of the planet right now.

J.

Edited by JonathanL

The correct answer is 'The Stones'

You can close this thread pending an influx of posts from Liverpool scallys claiming ownership of the Beatles. If you're not quick enough closing this thread it will end up with something being stolen and 4 pages on Hillsborough

The correct answer is 'The Stones'

You can close this thread pending an influx of posts from Liverpool scallys claiming ownership of the Beatles. If you're not quick enough closing this thread it will end up with something being stolen and 4 pages on Hillsborough

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

And I really don't like the smailey face ********!

J.

anyone whos ever seen the stones live in the last 20 years will tell you they still great today. i saw them on the bridges of babylon tour i can guarantee you gordon mick jagger would leave you standing when it comes to fitness and his memories still good he dont forget words. the stone were are a real rock band. hope i look as cool as keith when im his age lol

Edited by overandunder2012