Let me introduce myself

tonker

Hello everyone,

My name is Steve but I've been called Tonker for as long as I can remember.

I'm a born again shooter. A few years ago I lost my mojo and didn't pick up a gun for 3 or 4 years after falling through a hay barn roof and head butting a teleporter, in fact I was going to let mt SGC and FAC lapse, but luckily I was invited to a guest day at my local shoot, went along ,and then was asked to join as a gun, as one of the guns was retiring.

So so gratefull to the person who invited me cos I got the bug again and am now back shooting with a vengeance. If I'm not rough shooting or decoying during the day I'm rabbiting out the back of a Land Rover or Lamping Charlie with my .222 at night.

I came across this site by accident looking for horse hoof bait, and it popped up, I'm so glad it did as I've been on here reading the forums ever since.

I should add that I've just turned 60 and my mrs thinks I'm mad but it's the shooting that keeps me young at heart,(in fact most who know me think I'm a nutter).

I wont bore you with a list of guns but I have a mixture of centrefire, rimfire, shotguns and a HW97k for playing in the garden 10 in total.

I'm from North Somerset and see there are some other cider heads here perhaps we'll meet one day.

Laters

Hi Steve and welcome, I also am a born again, let my licence lapse in 1980, 32 years later my son gave me his shotgun and now I cant stop, mainly pigeons and rabbits but its like no other sport, gives me a real buzz whenever I get out, problem is at 65 the gear gets heavier and the walks to just the right spot seems to get a lot further. not to mention dragging back a bag full of birds , but I just cant get enough of it. :yahoo::yahoo:

Thank you everyone that has taken the time and trouble to welcome me to PW.

It does take effort to welcome somebody onto any board, particularly if its the two hundreth person you've done it for.

But it does mean a lot to the person involved and makes them feel more at ease, so thanks again

Tonker

Welcome to the nut hutch Tonker from another Old Wrinkly. Know what you mean re the long walks. I shoot rabbits over a golf course and it's murder carrying 6 full grown bunnies back from the furthest reaches of the course. The thing that makes it worthwhile is knowing there ain't no horse in them when you cook em and eat em.

:yahoo::welcomeani::yahoo:

Hi Uncle Albert,

I know what you mean about golf courses. I used to clear the rabbits off Wells golf club in Somerset.

Luckily the head greenkeeper was a mate of mine and we used to go around in one ot his truck like things, I think he called it a Cushman,

Pick up on the back golf cart on the front, anyway it took all the leg work out of the night and it was quiet as well. We used to average about 60 a night with my rimmie, and I got free golf as payment!!

The butcher had the Rabbits as well Bargain!! Trouble was he changed his job and I lost the shooting (shame ) it was the easiest shooting I ever had. Thanks for the welcome.