Miroku Mid Sight Snapped (Again!!)

Alex C

Hi guys,

Had my Miroku at the gunsmiths last week as i managed to snap the mid bead off my miroku MK38. I assumed it was a screw in jobbie but apparently not. It ended up costing me £20.

I have managed to snap it off again less than a week later !

Question is - Are they that hard to replace. I was told they need to be drilled out and the new ones are a push fit. If it easily do able what size bead do i need ? There are loads on ebay in varying sizes.

Am i best sending it back to the gun smith ?

Cheers for any help guys.

And before any one says just leave it off - I'm a cock eyed so and so and i actually do use the mid bead !!

I did think it was a bit pricey, hence the reason i am tempted to do it myself this time round.

So does this have the potential to go horribly wrong or is it simple enough to sort myself ? What size bead do i need ?

I am nervous as its a couple of grands worth of gun and for the sake of £20 i would kick myself if it was easily made a mess of.

Cheers

Oh the poor rip of gunsmith, he talked to you for say ten min, worked on the gun with his own expensive tools for ten min and probably rang you up to say all done and you dont like his £20 bill

He is probably also the same person who could have been repairing a very expensive gun in that time with his years of building his skills and making a few hundred quid

Oh the poor rip of gunsmith, he talked to you for say ten min, worked on the gun with his own expensive tools for ten min and probably rang you up to say all done and you dont like his £20 bill

He is probably also the same person who could have been repairing a very expensive gun in that time with his years of building his skills and making a few hundred quid

As I said above

The gunsmith I used charged £2 including the bead....no need to take peoples eyes out on repairs

:shaun:

He is in business to make a living not give charity, He obviously liked you and did a good deed to you for some reason, and I bet you gave him a fiver and waited for the change

No, not really

I have always found them to be very reasonable on charges, that way they get repeat business,

It took him less than 5 minutes, I actually just went in for the bead, he offered to fit it and told me the price before he started

If they charged £20 for the same service I would look elsewhere,

I had the right money :whistling:

As I said, there is no need to take peoples eyes out on repairs

:shaun: