Tailgating

Billy.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone dose it to me i slam on. nobodys ever run into me but its caused a few scuffels.

We was in the jimny and was overtaking a mazda

He speeded up and wouldnt let us pass, as soon as we passed the driver pulled infront, the mazda overtook us imidetly and cut us up and tapped his brakes. We didnt break and bumped him with the A frame. He never stopped and drove off.

Unreal, it doesn' matter what the circumstances if they drive into the back of you, it's their fault.

Rubbish! There are loads of reasons why someone would go into the back of someone else without it being their fault.

I'd like to see you argue that at court when you are up for dangerous driving because you slammed on your brakes with the intention of making them go into the back of you.

J.

Rubbish! There are loads of reasons why someone would go into the back of someone else without it being their fault.

I'd like to see you argue that at court when you are up for dangerous driving because you slammed on your brakes with the intention of making them go into the back of you.

J.

Why don't you just get back in your box!

Rubbish, they were following too close and therefore as a minimum THEY were not driving with due care and attention.

I clearly said if they drive into the back of you.

If you want a war J just say and do it by PM, don't even think of starting your pathetic rants at me again!

Edited by Dekers

J.

If a car is too close to the back of the car in front and collides with it, then they are at fault...no excuse !

Why don't you just get back in your box!

Rubbish, they were following too close and therefore as a minimum THEY were not driving with due care and attention.

I clearly said if they drive into the back of you.

If you want a war J just say and do it by PM, don't even think of starting your pathetic rants at me again!

It isn't a rant. You are telling people that that someone who drives into the back of someone else is always in the wrong and that the driver of the car they hit is never wrong. Some people on this thread are already making noises about stamping on their brakes when people tail-gate them so I don't think that encouraging morons like that is a particularly good idea.

If someone darts in front of you and you hit their car then you have driven into the back of them but its not your fault.

If you stamp on the brakes because someone is too close behind you and they drive into the back of you then it isn't their fault because you were the cause of it happening. At best it's arguable and they might get done for due care and attention or possibly dangerous driving. I can assure you though that you will get done for dangerous driving.

Oh, and please try not to act all hurt about things. If you aren't prepared for people to respond to things you say (incorrect things you say) then why do you bother posting?

J.

Edited by JonathanL

Their fault for travelling to close to the vehicle in front, it is an offence under the Road Traffic Act too!

Rubbish!

I had a Bint run in the *** of my.car on a roundabout. No witnesses? Expect a 50/50. I lost my near 20 year no.claim bonus for what should have been a NON FAULT claim.

I had exited the roundabout when two Ladies were nattering and went to step out. I braked and the rest is history as well as my NCD. The biggest annoyance was the fact the two ladies refused to give statements :no:

The insurance company claimed I shouldn't have braked? I replied that I was in a catch 22. Mow down 2 pedestrians or brake and cause the car behind to brake.

I argues the highway code rules of allowing distance between the car infront incase you need to brake. It was ALL fruitless.

The most annoying fact is the claim was for £200 so £100 from her company and £100 from hers. I lost 17 years ncd for the sake of £100 :no:

If a car is too close to the back of the car in front and collides with it, then they are at fault...no excuse !

And if the driver of the car in front stamps on the brakes with the intendion of making it happen? At best both are culpable but the driver of the car in front is likely to face a more serious charge. On top of being a complete moron, that is.

J.

Your both right, if someone goes into the back of you (assuming no mechinacal defects, automatism or any other defence etc) then they can't stop in the distance they can see to be clear, in other words travelling to close and it's poor driving on there part. Possibly careless or without due care.

However if you slam on your brakes to instigate someone hitting you (and it can be proved) you could be looking at dangerous driving, possibly crominal danage and assault if injury is caused, or worse if it resulted in a death.

I know its a cliche but two wrongs don't make a right.

Edited : Jonathan Has got there before me.

Edited by debaser

It isn't a rant. You are telling people that that someone who drives into the back of someone else is always in the wrong and that the driver of the car they hit is never wrong. Some people on this thread are already making noises about stamping on their brakes when people tail-gate them so I don't think that encouraging morons like that is a particularly good idea.

If someone darts in front of you and you hit their car then you have driven into the back of them but its not your fault. NO you haven't, they are guilty of Careless/Dangerous driving, you didn't drive into the back of them, they caused the accident by the nature of their driving, that isn't the same as someone driving into the back of you!!

If you stamp on the brakes because someone is too close behind you and they drive into the back of you then it isn't their fault because you were the cause of it happening. YES it is their fault, they were following TOO close to react therefore driving without due care or attention! At best it's arguable and they might get done for due care and attention or possibly dangerous driving. I can assure you though that you will get done for dangerous driving. Rubbish, try and prove you did it on purpose, and in any case what is the difference between you doing it on purpose and standing on the brake because a cat ran across in front of you?!

Oh, and please try not to act all hurt about things. If you aren't prepared for people to respond to things you say (incorrect things you say) then why do you bother posting?

J.

That doesn't look like a PM and you don't have a clue!

Edited by Dekers

If you do have to slam on the anchors because someone/something has stepped out in front of you, and the car behind slams into you , Usually the car behind is at fault for not allowing enough room/stopping distance. To drive up someones ***** is very bad driving,

ATB

Flynny

As a disclaimer ha ha ha, IT DEPENDS ON THE CICUMSTANCES etc LMAO

I GOT WHAT THE OP WAS GETTING AT IN THE 1ST POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but i'll let you lot bitch over the who, why ,when what ha,ha,ha

Edited by flynny

Yes its supposed to be the car behind at fault if driving to close, but then some times the insurance ain't worth the paper its written on, they are a law unto them selves on times,

it amazes me when the bitching starts over what is supposed to be a simple question there seems to bit quiet a bit lately :no: be good boys now n play nice or theres no more sweets for you. :lol:

Interesting question, normally its the chap that rear ends you that is at fault however we can all remember the insurance fraud where some guys were breaking on a roundabout and then claiming various injuries, it wasn't just fraud they were convicted of. If you deliberately stamp on the breaks so someone hits you then you are guilty of dangerous driving as what you did when u were driving was inherently dangerous, the chap behind will probably be guilty of undue care and attention ie careless driving. Wouldn't want to try my luck in court and the insurance premium that's is civil and not legal in any way will undoubtedly go up.