Annoyed

kxkirk

I had been watching a field of beans all week and as i had done everyday on friday i went to check the field see what was about, well as fellow pigeon shooters you will understand my excitement when i saw 500+ birds on there, i couldnt wait until saturday i had everything crossed it was going to be a good day. Just as i was leaving all the birds took up and i saw 2 people walking across the field, i drove round the lane and came across their truck, i rang the farmers son to see if he knew them, he said they were his dads mates and they would be shooting the field on Saturday. I was disheartened but hey thats shooting i didnt want to step on anybodies toes so just asked if he had anywhere else he would like me to shoot, he did and i had a ok day. then today i went back up to the bean field to see if any were still on. as i walked round i came across where the shooter had had his hide not only had he left all his empty cartridges but also pop bottles and sweet wrappers, now i am fairly new to shooting but i would never dream of doing this i would always try to leave a field as it was when i arrived. dont know if to say anything to the farmer or if that would seem like i was trying to go behind the other shooters back.

post-55381-0-33194600-1368626675_thumb.jpg

Edited by kxkirk

They have permision mate , just make the farmer/his son aware that the litter aint yours. Bag it up and say to the farmer "here you go ive just cleared up someone elses mess for them , I wont be doing it again" see what his reply is.

They sound like they dont give a monkies and I wouldnt have them on my perms!!!!!! If they leave the area like that they could leave gates open etc blah,blah,blah and obviously think that they are above abiding by the laws of the country side,

ATB

Flynny

Edited by flynny

Show the picture to the farmer.

I had been watching a field of beans all week and as i had done everyday on friday i went to check the field see what was about, well as fellow pigeon shooters you will understand my excitement when i saw 500+ birds on there, i couldnt wait until saturday i had everything crossed it was going to be a good day. Just as i was leaving all the birds took up and i saw 2 people walking across the field, i drove round the lane and came across their truck, i rang the farmers son to see if he knew them, he said they were his dads mates and they would be shooting the field on Saturday. I was disheartened but hey thats shooting i didnt want to step on anybodies toes so just asked if he had anywhere else he would like me to shoot, he did and i had a ok day. then today i went back up to the bean field to see if any were still on. as i walked round i came across where the shooter had had his hide not only had he left all his empty cartridges but also pop bottles and sweet wrappers, now i am fairly new to shooting but i would never dream of doing this i would always try to leave a field as it was when i arrived. dont know if to say anything to the farmer or if that would seem like i was trying to go behind the other shooters back.

I'd pick up all thier spent carts and litter and take it to the farmer and explain to him what a mess you had found.

You will doing the farmer and yourself a huge favour and my bet is that you won't have to worry about them taking your shooting again!

Also by picking up the mess you won't get the blame for it because if the farmer finds the mess first you can guarantee he'll be kicking off and you don't want to end up in the firing line for something you did not do.

I'd pick up all thier spent carts and litter and take it to the farmer and explain to him what a mess you had found.

You will doing the farmer and yourself a huge favour and my bet is that you won't have to worry about them taking your shooting again!

Also by picking up the mess you won't get the blame for it because if the farmer finds the mess first you can guarantee he'll be kicking off and you don't want to end up in the firing line for something you did not do.

good idea cheers :-)

A local farmer to me put out a request for help over his rape being hit, I arrived with my mates we walked the whole place to get an idea of what we were up against, well I have to say none of have ever seen a messier farm, there were spent cartridge cases pretty much everywhere we walked along with wrappers well you name it. We gave up picking up the rubbish there was just too much of it. We presented the farmer with what we had picked up he wasn’t the slightest bit fazed. That’ll be the foreigners we didn’t go back.

Its a shame, I've had the same, couple of months ago found two boxes of full carts left, with the same mess.

Neither of the two groups owned up to it, even when they were told to make sure they leave it as they found it, stewardships are a big thing for us at the mo....

Yes I would tend to agree, its good you have taken photos of the mess. I would pick it all up and pop round to see the farmer, explain to him you were out doing a little foot work when you came across this mess and that you felt compelled to clean it up. Show him the pics and say this is something you would never do.

The farmer will know who was there last and if he is a decent chap then he will be happy that you were looking out for his land and think more of you for your efforts. I have found that building up trust takes some time and works two ways.

One of my permissions started of in just one field now I am shooting over many fields.

to be fair the op did say and quote...... i rang the farmers son to see if he knew them, he said they were his dads mates and they would be shooting the field on the sat

so obviously the farmer knows the shooters so showing the farmer the pile of empty cases could go against the op

the farmer could think I have known these shooters for years and they are friends of mine and if they are. it could look like sour grapes and trying to score brownie points to the farmer after all they are not stupid

Phone farmer and ask if there was a reason for all the empty carts on the floor in the bean field and would you be out of line if you picked them all up and disposed of them. you thought you best ask first in case the was a reason and you didn't want to get in the way.

to be fair the op did say and quote...... i rang the farmers son to see if he knew them, he said they were his dads mates and they would be shooting the field on the sat

+1 but just make sure he knows thet aint urs!!

so obviously the farmer knows the shooters so showing the farmer the pile of empty cases could go against the op

the farmer could think I have known these shooters for years and they are friends of mine and if they are. it could look like sour grapes and trying to score brownie points to the farmer after all they are not stupid