A little help with names?

pegleg31

You were going to call both boys Rowan?

You porridge wogs are a crazy bunch alright

1) I'm not a porridge ***, someone has to stop things descending into anarchy around here.

2) Looks like the logic's beyond a lawyer. :yes:

Nial

When I told my mother that we have named our daughter Xavia, there was a noticeable silence on the phone before she hissed "HOW am I going to tell me friends THAT?" She got over it. My daughter loves her name as it is so unusual and helps people to remember her now she is making a career in a tough industry.

As a teacher, there are names that I wanted to avoid. If there is a Liam and Connor in the class, you know you have a rough ride ahead. Any girl named after a place a Paris, Chelsea, Malia etc seems to have something about them (India seems a bit better for some reason). Individual names seem less of an issue than certain combinations. If you have a surname shared by a celebrity, don't go using the famous first name as the kids invariably ends up looking a plonker - like the 3 stone wimp called Chuck Norris. I have had a few others too, including James Bond (when late for a lesson - "We have been expecting you Mr. Bond") and Tracy Ireland.

Be kind to your children and remember that they are the ones that have to live with their name!

Nick

p.s. Be careful with what their initials spell too - had a few funny ones over the years too!

Edited by NickS

• 3 weeks later...