Vehicle collection delivery

goldypurple

Bought a new Landy on eBay, trouble is I'm in Norfolk and the Landy is in Devon, I didn't quite realise the distance lol.

Anyone recommend a company that would collect and deliver, at a reasonable rate.

And what would you pay for the service?

From collection is 350 miles to my door

I probably could, but don't really fancy a 700 mile round trip and 12/13 hours of driving, plus it's a Landy it may break down lol

Is it taxed/mot'd? If it is, get it insured and take the train down there. Remember to get suitable breakdown cover, then when it "breaks down" 300 miles from home you can get recovered back!

Just treat is as a jaunt,that's what a mate and me did when we went to get his Defender.Joined RAC,took train to Wolverhampton,picked up Defender and just had a chilled out journey back;no rush,no hassle,it didn't even break down!

Don't forget to post some pic's.

If you book it on www.thetrainline.com and pick your time you should be able to do it for a lot less than the £120 quoted above. My mum goes to St Ives in Cornwall from London for about £56. If it breaks down it breaks down, that's the AA's or RAC's problem then

National Express coaches are very good and very cheap. Megabus even cheaper. London to Cardiff for £7. I don't know how they do it

Jockeying a car from Devon to Norfolk is going to be in four figures.

Edited by Vince Green

If you book it on www.thetrainline.com and pick your time you should be able to do it for a lot less than the £120 quoted above. My mum goes to St Ives in Cornwall from London for about £56. If it breaks down it breaks down, that's the AA's or RAC's problem then

National Express coaches are very good and very cheap. Megabus even cheaper. London to Cardiff for £7. I don't know how they do it

Jockeying a car from Devon to Norfolk is going to be in four figures.

I just put Norwich to Exeter to be fair and picked mid morning mid week

Just treat is as a jaunt,that's what a mate and me did when we went to get his Defender.Joined RAC,took train to Wolverhampton,picked up Defender and just had a chilled out journey back;no rush,no hassle,it didn't even break down!

Don't forget to post some pic's.

Exactamundo. Tis a wonderful thing collecting a car that youve bought blind, getting it home is akin to completing the paris dakar. Good luck on your quest.

Edited by ack-ack

Theres car transporters moving new and used cars all over the country it may be worth having a word with with some local car dealers as they are doing this sort of thing all of the time and on a transporter with five or six cars on it should not be to expensive.

Being old I can remember years ago they used to transport cars on the railway do they still do it or am I out of date.

Oh, I forgot to say that I own a freight company and I work with transporters all over the UK and Europe.

Bearing in mind our connections, I recommended shiply.com to my work colleague recently. He had some sofas to bring from Norfolk to Essex. He priced up to hire a van £75 + VAT plus diesel (£115++). He got a price off a few of our people (around the same). He put the job on Shiply and got quoted £49 all up! :rolleyes:

As I said, there are muppet owner drivers on shiply that are prepared to waste their time and money on running around for nothing - if I was in your situation I would be putting the job on there. :good:

Edited by ME

did he actually get the sofas in one piece though?

sometimes I do wonder what would happen if the pole who was towing said landrover had a puncture or the trailer broke, I'd lay money on it staying where it broke :lol:

Two English blokes turned up with a LWB Transit towing a large twin wheeled box trailer. They collected a load of stuff around Norfolk and then delivered it on a milk run all around London and the South East. The sofas turned up in perfect condition. They work as subbies for Yodel during the week and do this at the weekends.

That's all fine but they won't be factoring the depreciation on their vehicle, the insurance, the servicing or their weekend time. Anyone can run a business that is not actually making any money. :)

Here you go buddy - http://movex.co.uk/

About Movex

About us

MOVEX founders have had over 30 years experience in the car industry, and have now set up one of the first real-time website systems dedicated solely to the collection and delivery of vehicles.

The MOVEX system has been designed to make a smooth transaction between transport providers and trade only customers that need a vehicle moved, with a state of art backload section dedicated to filling any empty slots on car transporters or return journeys for trade plate drivers, automatically giving the customer faster turnaround time and a better price as well as given the carrier a return job.

MOVEX provides a high quality and highly transparent vehicle delivery service by matching vehicles movements to transport providers as well as single vehicle movements to individual drivers

With all businesses focusing on slashing their transport emissions, MOVEX backload system is not only contributing to improving operating efficiencies across the whole vehicle logistics industry, the technology is reducing the environmental impact of transporters by eliminating unnecessary miles.

Edited by Tam