shed roof coverings

darren m

i,ve felted my shed roof several times over the last 10 years , its not the felts fault , its the strong winds that lift and tear it away.

anyway its happened again.

is there anything other than mineral felt that i could put on my shed roof to water proof it, hopefully something i can paint on that does,nt stay gooey

thanks

Buy a roll of torch on felt,you will only need the cap sheet £40 ish 900mm x 8m,hire a torch,have done loads of flats roofs over the years and always used off cuts for peoples rabbit lockers and sheds,you will never need to replace it as the shed will rot before the felt.

just a word of warning for those thinking of Onduline roofing sheets.......do not go there. Lots of info out there and from first hand experience you just would not!!

More info please , it's on my work shop roof am I in danger ???

Dougy, I put it on my Kennels. I did stretch the purlin width to pitch ratio. Thinking I new better was bit on the bum! leaks all over. Since then we have done a Blacksmiths shed to the letter and have had fails on the one side. Research shows that Onduline have gone bust a few times, restarted in a new format/ name. Really hope all goes well for you Dougy.

atvb Paul.

Fibre glass it cost a bit more but will last twenty plus years. Or tanking bitumen goes hard can be used on fish ponds and the like,good stuff

+1 - easy to do yourself, if a bit messy, Good for many years.

1 coat 1 layer chopped strand mat with gel coat on top - white is cheapest - for super job 2 layers of mat :good: