12v cool box

Cosd

I have a small one fitted as standard (it takes about 16 cans or equivelent) is wired to the ignition so only runs when the car is on. Im also sure it has a hot box function as well.

Dont use it a lot to be honest but its nice to have.

Got mine from halfords and works a treat :good: plugs in ciggy lighter (only good use for it) and my car switch`s off the power to it when ignition off so never had a flat battery :lol: keeps the drinks cool and sarnies fresh on days out B)

Lee

Good for long drives but a proper cooler is better if not running engine I got one from maplins years ago fill with ice and run to cool down the fill with food/drink and run in the car for long trips also heavier than normal cooler and when not plugged in an running can run in reverse......

I bought a 28 litre camping gaz coolbox (still 12 v just made by camping gaz) this year for doing the annual camping expedition (myself, three guys ive known 20 odd years my dog, no women, no computers in back end of beyond doing straight mans glamping). also bought the mains adaptor so had it plugged in all week

We where most impressed with it - it worked so well that we managed to last the entire week without having to resort to dodgy french milk in our tea.we where however criminally undersupplied with proper english tea and ended up having to drink french tea flavour substitute but this merely highlights a fault with one of my oldest friends rather than any issue with the coolbox! :lol:

interesting feature of the camping gaz product not found on the cheaper models - it has an inbuilt voltmeter that shuts it down if the voltyager drops below 11.2 V hence you can leave it plugged in in a car with perm live 12v sockets without risk of stranding yourself by it having drained the battery.