He slipped in the end

fruity

Hi all just thought i would share with this with you as i have never come across it before. A fox has been pestering and killed a couple of the neighbours chickens recently, the guy came around and asked if could do anything about it the other day, with us backing onto a wood with a few footpaths etc i must admit i was unsure what do to,if anything

The fox beat me to it, the dog alerted me to it first thing this morning, he must have jumped over the ditch connecting us to clear the fence and somehow got it all wrong, resulting in his head being trapped between the palisade fence with nothing below to push on to free himself, not a nice way for him to go (feel a touch sorry for him) but fox problem over, my neighbour is chuffed to bits and brought me around 2 packs of cider, thought i had hung it on there to show him i had killed it :lol: l :good:

post-48582-0-33512600-1373374863_thumb.jpg

post-48582-0-34459900-1373374877_thumb.jpg

How tight he was wedged in between there, i think he jumped the ditch intending to use the top rail to propel him on over, slipped and dropped down between the slats.

Theres loads of deep scratches on the rail were he tried to pull himself up.

But unfortunately he was doomed,it took a good old pull to get him from between the slats so he had no chance

Edited by fruity

How tight he was wedged in between there, i think he jumped the ditch intending to use the top rail to propel him on over, slipped and dropped down between the slats.

Theres loads of deep scratches on the rail were he tried to pull himself up.

But unfortunately he was doomed,it took a good old pull to get him from between the slats so he had no chance

Sounds very plausible to me mate, even accidents happen in the animal world. Fateful slip and its all over.

Karpman

fruity I should be carefull putting that on here as what if the the guy goes on here and sees this he will be back for his two pack of cans so can we agree fruity shot and left it there as proof nice pic by the way

Lol he can't have the cans back I've drunk them :) only joking I did tell him I hadn't killed it and told him what had happened, but he didn't seam that bothered and said oh well atleast it won't kill my chickens anymore and keep the cider lad