Whole day clays - do they exist?

junctiontwo

Hi all,

I'm waiting for my SGC to drop through the letterbox any day now and can't wait to part with some cash! I have a few clubs locally but wonder if anyone knows if venues exist where I can shoot for a day, including lunch etc?

I haven't asked these clubs but my first thought is that they don't offer such events, more so just between certain hours.

Thanks.

About 10 minutes from J11a of the M5 there is the Ian Coley ground, you can shoot all day, shop, have a lesson if you want, and there is a cafe there selling very passable food. Not sure where in W Mids you are but it would probably be worth a trip.

I pop in there to buy carts when working in the area,nice well kept grounds and shop is ok as well, everyone is always friendly when i pop in.

When I gôt my SGC I went straight to the clay ground with my shiny new silver pigeon and a slab of carts , the next day I couldn't move my shoulder, had a bruise on my cheek and a sore trigger finger , if your not a regular or experienced shooter getting somebody else to show you how to hold the gun is a very good idea :-)

Interesting reading about all these members who have trouble and pain putting a few shells through their gun.I'm far from Mr Macho but 500 plus a day isn't noticeable for whatever reason?

well I'm a small woman 5ft nothing and I manage to put 550 thru my beretta in a day's shooting with no pain. I do shoot 21 or 24 gm.

If you don't mind the hike, try a day at Sporting Targets (just off the M1 near Bedford). Great selection of targets including three BIG towers. All the stands support the claymate pay and play system with single shooter delay.

Hot and cold food available all day and they have a good gunroom and equipment shop with cartridges available. :good:

Hi all,

I'm waiting for my SGC to drop through the letterbox any day now and can't wait to part with some cash! I have a few clubs locally but wonder if anyone knows if venues exist where I can shoot for a day, including lunch etc?

I haven't asked these clubs but my first thought is that they don't offer such events, more so just between certain hours.

Thanks.

if you havnt done it already i would suggest having a lesson first with the gun you get, and make sure the gun you get fits you!