Grooms Speech

ollie

This time next week I will be walking out of the Church and my life will be ruined :lol: . But seriously, this time next week I am getting married to my good lady and I am really looking forward to it.

Anyway, tonight I am going to start writing my speech and I wanted to ask you guys for any tips for a grooms speech & who all should I include in the speech.

Cheers :good:

Thank everyone for coming, tell them how lush your new Mrs is & how you look forward to the sweet release of death rest of your lives together then shut up. No ones interested in your speech, the women are only interested in the brides dress and the blokes in how fit the bridesmaids are, the best mans's speech & how much free booze you've provided.

Seriously though, good luck, I did it 8 yrs ago, best thing I ever did.

Thank everyone for coming, tell them how lush your new Mrs is & how you look forward to the sweet release of death rest of your lives together then shut up. No ones interested in your speech, the women are only interested in the brides dress and the blokes in how fit the bridesmaids are, the best mans's speech & how much free booze you've provided.

Seriously though, good luck, I did it 8 yrs ago, best thing I ever did.

That sums it up, thank every one, tell your mrs that she's hot.

Give out any flowers etc then get on the pop.

'Tis also the best thing I've done, first one marriage was a right off, married my bestman a couple of years ago and haven't looked back.

Edited by kyska

I went through all this 2 long, long months ago! Thank the brides parents, thank your own. Tell your missus how hot she is and thanks for being amazing etc (but dont lay it on too thick, as poppythedog said everyone just wants to get on the beers) thank the bridesmaids, thank your bestman, ask him how his speech starts so you can sort of lead into it. Good look, enjoy your day its the best, but goes too quick!

I wrote mine earlier this week, still needs some tweaks but nearly there. I have 6 weeks until the big day (which is on a bloomin inconvenient day as it is interrupting my grouse shooting as also arranging a fishing trip lol!)

Just make sure you get a dig in at the end about the best man and you will be fine!

Edited by oscarsdad

Don't forget to mention your wife as i did when i decided to do mine off the cuff and still rat ***** from the night before :oops:

Also don't get persuaded to drink yourself stupid the night before how ever good an idea it sounds :whistling:

Most of all enjoy the day :good:

Absolutely, or find out that your best man decides on the eve of the wedding that throwing an orange in the grooms face really hard is funny.

I had to wait till the morning to see if I got a black eye or not.

My mrs is laid back, but ****, she'd had gone mad if I turned up with a shiner.

Don't forget to mention your wife as i did when i decided to do mine off the cuff and still rat ***** from the night before :oops:

Also don't get persuaded to drink yourself stupid the night before how ever good an idea it sounds :whistling:

Most of all enjoy the day :good:

:lol:

Absolutely, or find out that your best man decides on the eve of the wedding that throwing an orange in the grooms face really hard is funny.

I had to wait till the morning to see if I got a black eye or not.

My mrs is laid back, but ****, she'd had gone mad if I turned up with a shiner.

:lol:

I went through all this 2 long, long months ago! Thank the brides parents, thank your own. Tell your missus how hot she is and thanks for being amazing etc (but dont lay it on too thick, as poppythedog said everyone just wants to get on the beers) thank the bridesmaids, thank your bestman, ask him how his speech starts so you can sort of lead into it. Good look, enjoy your day its the best, but goes too quick!

Oh I have something to lead into the bestmans speech :lol: . Good thing is he doesn't have a notion what to say, so his should be a car crash :lol:

What ever you do, don't do the same as me. I was adiment i wouldn#t do a speech at my wedding, i hate public speaking and have a bad satmmer if i have to.

Anyway after a few too many beers, before the meal, I decided that I should say something, so unplanned I stood up and made a right fool of myself.

My best man and me decided it would be a good idea to hit the bar night before my wedding to write our speeches.

Ended up having a party in my house that didn't finish till 4am.

Turned up to wedding hung over and speechless, had to wing it, not good :lol:

This time next week I will be walking out of the Church and my life will be ruined :lol: . But seriously, this time next week I am getting married to my good lady and I am really looking forward to it.

Anyway, tonight I am going to start writing my speech and I wanted to ask you guys for any tips for a grooms speech & who all should I include in the speech.

Cheers :good:

Ah yes ... The Engagement Ring..... The Wedding Ring .... and then the Suffering.......( Just joking ). Have a very Happy day and life together.