Aya no2 finally back together!

Reeceknight

Finally got hold of my dream gun a few month ago when an old boy in his 80s said he had an old gun I could have and on collection it was a no2 that looked like it had been at the bottom of the sea for 40 years but because I wanted one so bad and didn't have thousands I took it. local gun smith said it was in proof and extremely tight and other than cosmetics was a good gun. Now the barrels was silver and the wood was scratched, dented and dull so I wasn't expecting miracles.

So after much discussion with "barrel browner " and "straight shooter" member on here the journey began

As it was

image_zpsfcc3ee7f.jpg

The barrels were literally a full grey/silver

image_zps174680d7.jpg

image_zps00b3fcfe.jpg

So I striped it as far as I felt confident and packaged it up nice and safe ready to send off

image_zps72cfc4c6.jpg

image_zps750626b5.jpg

After a few discussions over the phone it was settled and it began! What returned made me grin from ear to ear, it looked like the ones in the shops I always wanted

image_zps3083c243.jpg

image_zps9efa8292.jpg

image_zps722c7266.jpg

image_zpsff83d0bd.jpg

image_zps2e5fb93e.jpg

I can honestly say that members 'brown barrel' and 'straight shooter' are highly skilled at what they do and have brought this gun back to its former glory and I couldn't be happier!

Just thought I would share, hope u like it as much as me.

Really pleased you like the finish I tried to ensure that the finish you chose, was done in such a way as it suited the gun, and if I do say so myself, along with the blueing and the action she looks stunning

now enjoy :good:

:hmm: :hmm: :hmm: I have an old .243 Parker Hale that could do with some attention to the barrel might have to give 'brown barrel' a shout his work looks spot on :good:

Also had full service now and all internals cleaned and had some other bits sorted yesterday so it literally is ready to go, can't wait to get it out! I can't recommend straight shooter or barrel browner enough, both there work is spot on, very helpfull and kept me updated the whole way through the project. Cheers lads ;)

• 2 weeks later...