Peregrine attacking red kites in west wickham

brooksieledgend

Off title a bit but here in N.Ireland it was on the news yesterday that because of they think poisoning there are only 6 breading pairs of Red Kites left here....

I don't hold out much hope for BOP in Ireland of any kind Big Marty due to the attitude of many including some farmers there & poisoning is rife in the 26 counties as it is in the 6 & note I lived in Ireland for more than ten years .

ATB Pole Star

Thats what i was thinking. West Wycombe and High Wycombe. Seen many kites there but never a Peregrine.

Perhaps he is muddled with the M4 & the M40 ? or maybe the name ??? am sure I may have seen a West Wickham some where on my travels but cant think where ???.

Edited by Pole Star

Once counted 42 kites along the M40 coming home M25 bound from a fishing trip to Oxfordshire. I have seen a pair just short of J24 of the M"% a few weeks ago, I also know of a sighting near Dartford in Kent.

I have seen kites get mobbed by crows, presumably trying to make them drop whatever they have picked up.

You do get them along the M4 but nothing like the numbers up the M40