baikel semi auto?

strangford  wildfowler

I used to have a Baikal S\A 3.5 inch and it was a great goose gun and ok for day time duck shooting. But once the light at flight started to fade I found it too heavy for duck shooting. I moved onto a Browning gold and it was a lot better to shoot in the dark , but now I find I shoot a lot straighter with a S\S 3 inch AYA No3 using 2 3\4 steel shells. Not the fire power of the S\A but worth as I have a higher kills to shots ratio.

Edited by anser2

Great gun for the geese on the foreshore and over inland decoys. Never had a chance to shoot duck with it yet. I have also used mine on the pigeons a couple of times as well and had a round or two on the clays..

Only issue I had was the cocking leaver droped out into the mud and lost it. I dont think it was the guns fault I may not have reseated it correctly after cleaning.

BBL

They are a brilliant gun in my mind, I use it for pigeons, wildfowling, rabbits and clays although I recently bought a mistrel o/u for £150 ( steal) the only reason I bpught this was for roughshooting cause I wasn't carrying a 9lb gun around all day for pheasants or it was a baikel o/u was nearly going to buy it exept I didn't have another £100 spare

No complaints with mine, strong robust good price for a gun that spends the majority of its time on the marsh. I've had no bother with 3 1/2 mammoths through it, or any other shell really. Not had it long couple of years but can't fault it. I know lads, seasoned fowlers,, who have had them for years and swear by them, ok maybe not as jazzy as an extreme but for lying in the mud can't fault it.

Only thing I've had a problem with is finding a sling that fits the factory swivels, but that's hardly a real problem, just an inconvenience. There probably out there I'm just too thick to find them.

Only thing I've had a problem with is finding a sling that fits the factory swivels, but that's hardly a real problem, just an inconvenience. There probably out there I'm just too thick to find them.

All that is required is to drill out the swivel eye hole. They were removed easily, but a bit fiddly to clamp in a vice but managed ok.

BBL