Looking for a new multi fuel stove

pegleg31

Another one to look at:

woodburner_zpsf7f91ab0.jpg

It's a Clearview Vision 500 which we only put in Friday to replace the Villager BH that's served us well for the last 5 years. Clearly a big step in price and it's early days yet but so far we haven't regretted getting the Clearview uses a fraction of the wood and is more controllable and is certainly a lot nicer to be able to actually see the fire.

Edited by paul99

out of intrest pegleg31 what was wrong with your burner? why did the guy condem it?

The baffle plate has collapsed and he can't get it out (I'll have a go myself) and the holes in the flue from this ( I'll use self tappers). The top plate has a crack in it which I'll see if a mate can weld it and the damper plate? when he tried to remove it one of the bolts sheared off but I'll sort that aswell, and all the seals need replacing which I'll have ago myself. I'm still after a new one though as I'll put this one if I can fix it into the Diner/Kitchen

Pegleg

No matter how much it cost's you won't ever regret buying a Clearview - Pay now reap benefit over next 10 yrs.

Best Stove on market.

Dave

ps - You get what you pay for.

The thing is we live in a rented farm house so not to sure if I want to spend a fortune but want to get something that'll do the job properly and keep the missus from moaning all winter.

Another one to look at:

It's a Clearview Vision 500 which we only put in Friday to replace the Villager BH that's served us well for the last 5 years. Clearly a big step in price and it's early days yet but so far we haven't regretted getting the Clearview uses a fraction of the wood and is more controllable and is certainly a lot nicer to be able to actually see the fire.

Snap!

IMG_0158.jpg

Just to give you some idea, at that point it had been running every day for about a month and I hadn't cleaned the glass at all. A quick wipe to get the ash off and it's as good as new. None of this cleaning the soot off every couple of days like the old one I had.

If you can afford it they are so much better than the budget stuff. If not I'd steer well away from the likes of Villager or the cheap ebay stoves. Have a look at Stovax perhaps - they're nothing like the Clearview but are at least reasonably well made.

Another clearview vision 500 here, they are superb. A big old unit though and prob too much for the room you are heating but just leave the door open and heat the whole house.

As said, clean, efficient, controllable and practically no daily maintenance.