Ha Ha..what do you think?

Dekers

A few weeks ago I had a film crew following me making a pilot for a new TV series, editing and voiceover are nearly there but they wanted some controversial shots to get the phones ringing..... so the idea was hatched, went out on my boat on Friday and did some more filming, a few stills from the day, do you think this will work?

post-20848-0-22995900-1382252347_thumb.jpgpost-20848-0-00362100-1382252361_thumb.jpgpost-20848-0-62885100-1382252378_thumb.jpgpost-20848-0-90860300-1382252395_thumb.jpgpost-20848-0-50359500-1382252414_thumb.jpg

(Despite what many of you will think this was completely legal and No wildlife was harmed during the making of this program)

That stretch looks familiar, especially the first photo. I used to skipper the trippers for Salters out of Windsor and Reading, and occasionally do a few night parties for Thames River Cruisers at Reading!

Ha Ha..so it was you responsible for all those Mobile Discos on the Thames disturbing everyone pleasant Night shooting! :lol::good::good:

post-20848-0-73541100-1382253847_thumb.jpgpost-20848-0-87851600-1382253867_thumb.jpg

familiar?

Edited by Dekers

A few weeks ago I had a film crew following me making a pilot for a new TV series, editing and voiceover are nearly there but they wanted some controversial shots to get the phones ringing..... so the idea was hatched, went out on my boat on Friday and did some more filming, a few stills from the day, do you think this will work?

attachicon.gif

(Despite what many of you will think this was completely legal and No wildlife was harmed during the making of this program)

Does that not count as a public place?

Took me back over 50 yrs when a mate and I used to bunk off school and canoe the river Avon with my dad's 12 bore hidden under a tarpaulin. An old canon with hammers and damasc barrels. Things were different then, particularly when a shotgun license came from the post office and was 10 shillings with no background checks.

Does that not count as a public place?

I suspect Mr Dekers has sought Home Office and local force licensing approval under the Maritime Security arrangements for armed guards on UK flagged ships.

However, it looks to me as though he has not sought help from the makeup department regarding the need to camouflage the top of his head !

Took me back over 50 yrs when a mate and I used to bunk off school and canoe the river Avon with my dad's 12 bore hidden under a tarpaulin. An old canon with hammers and damasc barrels. Things were different then, particularly when a shotgun license came from the post office and was 10 shillings with no background checks.

I may be wrong but I thought that the ten bob licences from the PO were only for air guns...used to buy old 12 bores from a local junk shop and take them home on a bus...how time changes :)

Oh if only we could have those innocent days back Gunnerbob ? I brought my first 12bore from the kid 3 doors down from from me in the Village , I gave him £2 for it & it was an old Belgium side lock with no stock no trigger guard & 2 broken firing pins , I must have been no more than 14 years old & I took it to school to make a new stock for it in woodwork & got an old trigger guard for it that a mate found in the ashes of a bonfire .

Myself & a mate soon filed some new firing pins up from from 2 self tapping wood screws & home proofed it by tying it to a tree stump one evening & tying a long string to the trigger , after that we were in business & no bunny & pigeon was safe anymore , all innocent boys fun ! .

My next gun was a Bakil single 12bore my younger brother told me about so I gave my 13year old brother the money for it to get & when he went to get it the young chaps mother said to my brother "" has he got a license for it ? my brother said yeh he's got a licence for it ! , & the deal was done or as Tommy Cooper would say " just like that " & the last I heard of that lad who sold me that gun he became a police man whose job perhaps is of national or even international importance , so don't ask ! .

What has gone wrong with the World since ??? , a mate of mine even had a rusty old WW2 Sten gun & he use to climb a tree that over looked the road from the garden wall & innocently ambush any passers by just like little boys do . But one day I think he must have ambushed an old soldier because not long after the police called to his house & gave his dad a good ******* & took it away ! :lol: .

Did we do anything wrong ??? we were country boys & thats the way it was when I was a boy , all innocent & no one ever hurt , yes times have changed unfortunately :sad1: ATB Pole Star . ps so so long ago now not even 30 years after WW2 it makes one feel old :lol:

pps oops this is of the topic , sorry Dekers

I used to live on the banks of the Thames in purley, can remember once a bloke up a tree by the river with a noose around his neck, police, fire, ambulance all in attendance. The late night drunk cruiser went past and the occupants heckling the poor gentleman with taunts of "just jump" etc.

Back to the topic... Fancy enlightening us on how that was legal? I find it fascinating.

I used to live on the banks of the Thames in purley, can remember once a bloke up a tree by the river with a noose around his neck, police, fire, ambulance all in attendance. The late night drunk cruiser went past and the occupants heckling the poor gentleman with taunts of "just jump" etc.

Back to the topic... Fancy enlightening us on how that was legal? I find it fascinating.

I think he will get a knock on the door tomorrow morning :lol::lol::lol: !

For some unknown reason Father kept my first one. As he'd had it for some 50 years, I simply couldn't throw it out when I found it so it's framed and on the wall behind me. 9:26 am 23 August 1958.

I like the small print disclaimer :yes:

I think you might get some good replies to this one Deckers.

Hope you did not feed them any bread - apparently it makes them fat you know.

What's the programme and when does it air??

It's a Pilot, it needs to get commissioned and only has a working title at the moment, so no dates for anything! :good:

I may be wrong but I thought that the ten bob licences from the PO were only for air guns...used to buy old 12 bores from a local junk shop and take them home on a bus...how time changes :)

The ten bob licence was for shot guns. I bought my first in 1962 from the sports department of the local Co-op and took it home on the bus and I didn't own a slip