scope for fac air rifle

lampingman

Why? what are you thinking? 3-9x 40 scopes go on way flatter longer range guns than an FAC airgun. Better quality glass I always think is a good idea if funds allow but bigger isn't always better I run my .22 lr on a 6x42 these days, its seen many bigger scopes in its days but this is the best in use

Why? what are you thinking? 3-9x 40 scopes go on way flatter longer range guns than an FAC airgun. Better quality glass I always think is a good idea if funds allow but bigger isn't always better I run my .22 lr on a 6x42 these days, its seen many bigger scopes in its days but this is the best in use

:good::good::good:

+1

colin

if the one you have is not up to it then a change is in order i would go for better quality glass and not worry too much about mag i have a 3 x 9 x 40 on my lr and hmr and its plenty good enough for the distances they shoot

but that's just me some people like spending more than they need to

colin

for a fac air i personally would't spend more than £100-£125

Edited by colin lad

To be honest mate a Hawke panorama or anything similar should do all you need. Great glass isn't gonna put more stuff in the bag and the jump in quailty is not so great going from say 100 quid to 300 quid

Now if ya spend 6-700 quid your gonna be into some serious glass.

null_zps5611e312.jpg

That is a 14 shot group shot yesterday with fac air on my dinner break off my bonnet at a measured 40 yards. With a 60 quid richter optics 6-24x50 lol. Not lost zero in constant daily use and has no turret caps.

Now if I was really in the the need to spend 300 would have to be a sidewinder with hawke map12 ret me thinks.

Karpman

if the one you have is not up to it then a change is in order i would go for better quality glass and not worry too much about mag i have a 3 x 9 x 40 on my lr and hmr and its plenty good enough for the distances they shoot

but that's just me some people like spending more than they need to

colin

for a fac air i personally would't spend more than £100-£125

what scopes do you use on your rimfires Colin

To be honest mate a Hawke panorama or anything similar should do all you need. Great glass isn't gonna put more stuff in the bag and the jump in quailty is not so great going from say 100 quid to 300 quid

Now if ya spend 6-700 quid your gonna be into some serious glass.

null_zps5611e312.jpg

That is a 14 shot group shot yesterday with fac air on my dinner break off my bonnet at a measured 40 yards. With a 60 quid richter optics 6-24x50 lol. Not lost zero in constant daily use and has no turret caps.

Now if I was really in the the need to spend 300 would have to be a sidewinder with hawke map12 ret me thinks.

Karpman

nowt wrong with that grouping thanks this is what I'm after peoples experience with a scope that would suit me don't want to buy without a bit of research I'm sure we have all wasted enough money already

nowt wrong with that grouping thanks this is what I'm after peoples experience with a scope that would suit me don't want to buy without a bit of research I'm sure we have all wasted enough money already

Don't get me wrong bud I'm yearning for a new scope. As soon as funds allow I shall be getting one lol. The glass I'm getting a panorama 4-12x50 or whatever will do just the same I suppose. But I like it and I want it and sometimes that's enough lol.

Karpman

crickey you need to check your zero, not accurate at 40yrds that, has your barrel taken a knock :whistling::whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

only joking, nice grouping

atb Evo

i have a hawke and a bsa and they are both nice and clear i also have a spare a optisan 3x9x50 that cost me £75 i took off my aa410 when i sold it i keep it as a spare in case i have a problem with one of my others and would't think twice about putting it on a rim fire,

best thing you can do is go in a good shop and look through a few local shop to me has about 15-20 mounted on dummy gun butts to look through ranging from £100 -£250 and as karpman said the difference is minimal they all seem good its just the extra gadgets on them for me i just want it clear with a cross hair i can see i only shoot at 7 mag

just my opinion

colin

i have a mtc 10 x 40 on my fac airwolf.cost about £140 .great scope for the money bit to much power at 10 yrd or so but i knew that when i bought it.the cross hairs are very usefull though if you take some time to map it out

Yeah this is one of the reasons I like hawke. Chairgun pro on my i5. Don't think its compatible with some of the MTC rets.

Karpman

My vote would be for a Hawke Panorama half mildot or a MTC Mamber SCB. Both are well under £300.

How ever if you wanted to push the boat out then a Hawke sidewinder 30 with SR Pro reticule would be brilliant ! I loomed through one a few weeks ago and loved it, considering one for each of my rifles !

ATB

Matt

My vote would be for a Hawke Panorama half mildot or a MTC Mamber SCB. Both are well under £300.

How ever if you wanted to push the boat out then a Hawke sidewinder 30 with SR Pro reticule would be brilliant ! I loomed through one a few weeks ago and loved it, considering one for each of my rifles !

ATB

Matt

I've just got myself a Sidewinder and they're pretty tasty. The optics in them are superb and the 3-12x50 has got quite a short tube, so it's not as heavy as it could have been - it's a couble of grams lighter than the Mamba 4-16 model.

Having said that, I only went for it because I use mine a lot at night (I'm off now as it happens!) and I don't find AO lenses easy to handle with the NS200 on them, so i wanted side focus. The Nite-eye digital doesn't hold the tube on well because of the quite bulky digital IR unit, so my choices got quite narrow quite quickly! If i didn't have to worry about that lot, the Panorama EV would have been the one I'd have gone for. they're cracking scopes and because of the way their glass is designed, you don't need a big objective to get a good field of view.

Edited by chrisjpainter