Whats up wiv me parsips ???

Dougy

Lack of water maybe as the tap root is very long. Carrots do the same when there is too much compost or organic matter as they prefer lean soils, parsnips may be the same.

Correct! I would think that they were grown in soil that was a bit dry and too rich for them. I believe that the ideal ground for growing carrots or parsnips would not have been manured for at least 12 months prior to planting or they stand a good chance of getting club root!

Yo man, I tell thee da feds iz up to no gud innit. Ya seen ma sister say dat Ya gov iz bin testin gimetical mud. Wot Ya got Der iz sum funky shiz. Iz day flamible? 2 Benjamin a paper innit?

I know I'm getting on a bit and not in touch with the lingo used by the youths of today so could anyone like to translate the above post for me please? :hmm::hmm::hmm:

Yo man, I tell thee da feds iz up to no gud innit. Ya seen ma sister say dat Ya gov iz bin testin gimetical mud. Wot Ya got Der iz sum funky shiz. Iz day flamible? 2 Benjamin a paper innit?

I shall translate:

Hello fellow sir, I am let to believe that the police force may be doing something rather suspicious. My sister believes that the government have been experimenting with genetically modified earth. What you have there sir is something rather strange. Does it ignite relatively easily?I may be able to sell you some smoking papers for two pounds each.

I shall translate:

Hello fellow sir, I am let to believe that the police force may be doing something rather suspicious. My sister believes that the government have been experimenting with genetically modified earth. What you have there sir is something rather strange. Does it ignite relatively easily?I may be able to sell you some smoking papers for two pounds each.

:good::lol::lol::lol: .

I shall translate:

Ah! Now if he had said that right from the start it would have all been as clear as mud! I think I had better go back to bed. :yes::lol::yes::lol::yes::lol::yes:

Anyway, for those who can understand my English, they tasted ok. I'll go for raised beds next year . It could improve my parsnips and carrots.

The raised bed would almost certainly improve your parsnips and carrots! When you make the raised be try (If possible) to make it about a foot (At least) high and fill it with a good light sandy type of loam. DO NOT be tempted to add any well rotted manure of any type as this will quite likely cause the problem which you are trying to avoid!

I have read about a seaweed based product that is good for carrots and helps to deter carrot fly but I haven't tried it so can not say if it is any good or not!