Has anyone had/got a frozen shoulder

harrycatcat1

Mine started this time last year it just started being a bit sore and got worse.

Went to the docs and they referred me to physiotherapist which did not work so I had the injection in the shoulder. That didn't work and it got worse keeping me awake at night and very sore.

I was referred to the hospital and diagnosed as having a severe frozen shoulder and only way to cure it is to have surgery.

I have a date in March 2014 for the surgery but if there any cancellations I will get done earlier.

My left arm won't go higher than level with my shoulder and won't go anywhere around my back like tucking my shirt into my trousers and can only just reach my mouth with my fork when eating.

The only thing I have found to take the pain away and get to sleep is Gabapentin. (Edited to say a gin or two as we'll)

What do you take or have found to work for you?

Regards

Hcc

Edited by harrycatcat1

Bad luck, I've had this in both shoulders on and off since my late twenties . The injections worked but I did need three in each shoulder

I still had pain but workable movement came back slowly. I found an arrangement of pillows so I couldn't lie on my shoulder/ side was the best help for sleep and codine , horrible feeling but worked to help sleep.

All the best .

John

I had a frozen shoulder a few years ago. After numerous courses at the physio's nothing had changed. I had very little movement in the arm/shoulder and a lot of pain.

A chance conversation with a friend and a short visit to his house one Friday evening and it was all sorted. It's been fine ever since.

How did he do it? It was like 'hands on' healing, (though his hands never actually touched me). All I can say is I was sceptical to begin with, but as I said earlier it worked within minutes and I've had full movement and no pain ever since.

I had a frozen shoulder a few years ago. After numerous courses at the physio's nothing had changed. I had very little movement in the arm/shoulder and a lot of pain.

A chance conversation with a friend and a short visit to his house one Friday evening and it was all sorted. It's been fine ever since.

How did he do it? It was like 'hands on' healing, (though his hands never actually touched me). All I can say is I was sceptical to begin with, but as I said earlier it worked within minutes and I've had full movement and no pain ever since.

I could do with their address, how do you think it worked?

Regards

Hcc

I could do with their address, how do you think it worked?

Regards

Hcc

The guy's actually a member on here, but obviously I can't name him without his ok. I'm not really sure how he did it to be honest, but it certainly worked for me. I was told that it doesn't work for everyone though.

I'm sure when the gentleman (!) concerned reads this he'll say a few words. :good:

Osteopathy releived it for me, but only lasted for a few weeks at a time and at 45 notes a squirt, was a bit much. I had it at full power for 7 months and felt like a cripple, not being able to do anything, work, or even shooting, all that time. No work, no money. It has now passed and I am glad of it.

The drugs the doc gave me, pain killers, anti inflamatary, all that stuff, were great and I spent a lot of time in Cukoo land because of them.

Another name for frozen shoulder is the 50 year old shoulder, so you youngsters who are reaching that age, get a few grand in the bank in readiness, because my experience, especially if you are self employed too, is that it is going to imobilise you for a while, so work is out, therefore no income.

But money in the bank helps pay for the Osteopathy and the pain killers should you be so unfortunate to suffer a bad bout of it..

Wish I could say something cheerful, but it totally wrecked me for 7 months, so i can't.

Ton of problems with mine ( Ex- discus and hammer thrower), quite lucky because physiotherapy always seems to work for me. Aint nobody going to inject no junk into my body though. Currently its a torn muscle and tendon in my left ( they keep saying my muscles are still strong enough its just the connecting bits are old and worn). I feel for you, have you considered a better consultant? They are no different than gunsmiths and mechanics at the end of the day (good and bad) one great one saved mobility in my right a year or two back- you have rights about second opinion

I know how you feel bud, as I've just been doing my exercise. I couldn't comb my hair, put a shirt on, do a belt up, or put my hands in my back pockets. All the silly things that you take for granted become a pain. Mine started after a fall as I landed on my elbows and caused some trauma to both shoulders, this was some six months back, my right arm being the one that froze Prescription pain relief from the doc helped with the acute pain at the backs of my arms, but the side effects made my lips swell and every nerve in my forehead inflamed (it felt like shingles) I was having physio but through frustration I thought that I could do better.

Try this. Go get a broom, put the brush head on the fire place or window sill, hold the end push up whilst stepping forward and stretch, try rocking into the stretch, then try and hold for a count of ten, don't over do it.

Now try and do it from the lower position, hand down by your side and step forward, (as if you are playing snooker) same as before rock and stretch then hold.

Now hold your arm out to the side. This time rock and twist and hold.

Now across the body, you want the hand to go over the opposite shoulder, same again rock and twist and hold, if you can get your other hand up then push your elbow.

DON'T over do it you just want to stretch.

Another simple exercise is to get a staff shoulder height (hazel/ conduit/curtain pole) Put one end by the side of your foot, hand on the top and push forward, now try and move your hand round to the side and as far as you can to the rear. This will hurt but if you can hold the shoulder joint with your other hand it may release the joint a bit at a time.

If at any time it becomes TOO painful STOP. You only want to stretch not tear.

Hope this helps.

From an old *** that's getting there. (My Doc said exceptional!!)

Paladin

Edited by Paladin

A rotator cuff injury needs diagnosing before exercising 'out' frozen shoulder, there is real danger off more injury if there are tendon/fascia issues I believe.

OP, are you only taking gabapentin or other NSAIDs?

Just taking gabapentin and had to beg for them.

I have tried excercising but orthopedic surgeon said it was a waste of time.

Hcc

Another simple exercise is to get a staff shoulder height (hazel/ conduit/curtain pole) Put one end by the side of your foot, hand on the top and push forward, now try and move your hand round to the side and as far as you can to the rear. This will hurt but if you can hold the shoulder joint with your other hand it may release the joint a bit at a time.

If at any time it becomes TOO painful STOP. You only want to stretch not tear.

Hope this helps.

From an old *** that's getting there. (My Doc said exceptional!!)

Paladin

I have tried all the excercises mate and it's too painful and then I can't get to sleep even with painkillers when I have tried them but thanks for your support.

Hcc

I have tried all the excercises mate and it's too painful and then I can't get to sleep even with painkillers when I have tried them but thanks for your support.

Hcc

harrycatcat1, I know the place you are in and sympathise.

Exercise did not work for me either, it just aggravated it.

Jack Daniels worked a treat. A good Malt and Russian Vodka also did the trick.

I do not reccomend this approach, I just disliked pain over a prolonged period of time so tried everything.

I hope it clears up for you soon..

harrycatcat1, I know the place you are in and sympathise.

Exercise did not work for me either, it just aggravated it.

Jack Daniels worked a treat. A good Malt and Russian Vodka also did the trick.

I do not reccomend this approach, I just disliked pain over a prolonged period of time so tried everything.

I hope it clears up for you soon..

That just sums it up mate.

Regards

Hcc