3 Valleys pheasant shooting/missing

b325

It was unreal i thought after that first flush the drive would be empty. It went on for forty minutes.

They must put a some birds out there.

I know a few who have shot one of their other shoots (long mountain) and they said it was amazing, They were looking at the 3 valleys also, I might ask if they need a loader/driver for that day :lol:

I am not impressed. Some of the beating was poor, resulting in flushes that were too large for the guns to deal with. The majority of the birds were clearly out of range for that team of guns and their equipment resulting in lots of pricked birds. The dog on the first drive which was whining would have put anyone off and there was too much shouting from the guns when a bird was eventually brought down.

I am not impressed. Some of the beating was poor, resulting in flushes that were too large for the guns to deal with. The majority of the birds were clearly out of range for that team of guns and their equipment resulting in lots of pricked birds. The dog on the first drive which was whining would have put anyone off and there was too much shouting from the guns when a bird was eventually brought down.

take it you like them 45ft and blow them to **** ,excellent birds and the army of pickers would ensure the bag .these are the type of comments an anti would make , I take it you have never shot 'testing' birds or tried to shoot a quality bird !

take it you like them 45ft and blow them to **** ,excellent birds and the army of pickers would ensure the bag .these are the type of comments an anti would make , I take it you have never shot 'testing' birds or tried to shoot a quality bird !

You should not be so presumptive. As it is you are badly wrong.

I agree but money talks :yes::good:

Its a fair comment JDog.

In defence I would say on the first drive the beaters had not even reached the game crop when the pheasants decided to decamp on mass.

On the subject of out of range pheasants, yes there were some on the second drive (the glog) there always will be some on a very high pheasant drive.But it is up to the guns to choose the pheasants they think are in range. (not always going for the highest,like most normal shoots.)You will get pricked birds on every shoot, all you can do is insure they are dealt with as swiftly as possible which they are at this shoot.

The dog that was whinning belonged to one of the guns , a terrier. what it was doing there i dont know.It does annoy when watching the video but i didnt notice it when i was there.

As for the shouting and whooping when one of the guns they managed a shot to remember for the rest of their lives.They got excited thats all i can say.

never seen that kind of shoot in my life and probably never will every bird would be a memorable shot but I do think you need to be privileged to have them kind of days, r you spend your annual holiday money on a days shooting :whistling: but fair play think we all would love a go at that :yes: