No seat belt

Terry P

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You should hang your head in shame-no seat belt today almost certainly leads to mass murder and world domination tomorrow. I, for one, will sleep a little more easy knowing that the police are using their resources wisely and not wasting their time on the crimes that they cannot solve.

I don't know why people don't wear seatbelts. They're designed to work WITH your airbag. If you crash without your belt on, the airbag will almost certainly injure you significantly more than if you were wearing it. Crime is crime, whether you're robbing a shop, or driving on your phone. They all need punishing.

Edit to say, this post is aimed at Bruno, not the op.

Edited by SSS

I don't know why people don't wear seatbelts. They're designed to work WITH your airbag. If you crash without your belt on, the airbag will almost certainly injure you significantly more than if you were wearing it. Crime is crime, whether you're robbing a shop, or driving on your phone. They all need punishing.

Edit to say, this post is aimed at Bruno, not the op.

+1 I'm sure terry isn't moaning just wanting to know the amount of fine, it's the law u commit the crime u pay yer fine end of, as long as parents belt there kids up there's no problem , if the adults want risk going through a window that's there choice as a responsible adult.

Quite frankly, SSS, I don't give a hoot what you think about wearing seatbelts-I always do as does anyone in my vehicle. My beef is with the amount of money/time spent on petty "crime" (is it a criminal offence?) when serious crime is rife.

Edited by bruno22rf

Quite frankly, SSS, I don't give a hoot what you think about wearing seatbelts-I always do as does anyone in my vehicle. My beef is with the amount of money/time spent on petty "crime" (is it a criminal offence?) when serious crime is rife.

Catching you on the mobile cameras is saving the traffic police a job. Freeing up police for more important jobs. After all, the mobile cameras are already there, so why wouldn't they include catching seatbelt and mobile phone offenders. Saving the police on the streets time and money. Would you agree that?

I must admit I am shocked that a fine for driving without a seatbelt is more than a speeding fine. I'm only risking injury to myself, no others.

Don't wanna get all high and mighty but........

Your not just risking injury to yourself- if you have ever seen a 85kg body ejecting itself through the windscreen, then go on to obliterate the person in the oncoming car involved in the accident when you could BOTH have survived

Should make you think twice

At the end of the day the video vans are there to make money end of...

My kids school is on a dual carriageway and every morning from 7 till 8.45 the traffic volume and speed in inbelievable.

A little girl got run over the other week and both her legs broke by a speeding chavette who decided she could dodge a lollipop man,

There's has been umpteen complaints by parents to the police and council over this bottle neck where the school is.

What grieves me Is that at 9.00 am when the school has gone in a speed camera van pulls up to catch speeders why not pull up at 8 am to deter speeding drivers and do some good instead of trying to make a easy buck ???

Don't wanna get all high and mighty but........

Your not just risking injury to yourself- if you have ever seen a 85kg body ejecting itself through the windscreen, then go on to obliterate the person in the oncoming car involved in the accident when you could BOTH have survived

Should make you think twice

When I was in A&E a few years back with a serious head injury obtained on the rugby pitch they wheeled a 16 year old girl into the booth I was in and shipped me out to the triage...she had gone through the windscreen and wasn't wearing a seat belt... her face was like a melon that had been squeezed through a colander I later found out that she was in surgery for over 7 hours had over 200 stitches, lost all her teeth, one eye, and the whole of the bottom lip.....even the surgery nurses were traumatised such was the severity of her injuries.

Perhaps £100 min fine isn't unrealistic after all !!!

If they have got a photo of you - you can look at it on there site when I was done for doing 35 in a 30 area near my home I looked and could not dispute it there was a photo of me clear as day driving my jeep with the speed that I was doing printed underneath no escape from that it cost me £60 and I had to do a speed awareness thing one day in the end it was quite interesting much better than getting the points on my licence.

Ask for a photo from the video. Chances are if they have recorded good enough evidence to prove no seat belt was being worn they have a clear enough picture of the driver for the registered keeper to be able to identify them. Worth a shot if you can be bothered to send a recorded letter.

Seat belt laws are there to help save lives, if anyone does not understand that simple concept then not only are they a danger to themselves but also a danger to others.

Average cost of a road fatality = £1m

Average cost to the family of someone killed in an accident who would have survived if wearing a seatbelt.......incalculable.

Anyone not wearing a seatbelt without good medical reason is one crass ignorant ahole.

Argue against that if you can......there are plenty on here in the emergency services who will give a good counter argument, these are the people who are zipping the body bags up.

Rant over.

Seat belt laws are there to help save lives, if anyone does not understand that simple concept then not only are they a danger to themselves but also a danger to others.

Average cost of a road fatality = £1m

Average cost to the family of someone killed in an accident who would have survived if wearing a seatbelt.......incalculable.

Anyone not wearing a seatbelt without good medical reason is one crass ignorant ahole.

Argue against that if you can......there are plenty on here in the emergency services who will give a good counter argument, these are the people who are zipping the body bags up.

Rant over.

I wouldn't consider myself arrogant or a ahole, but I'm glad to have helped you get that off your chest. I was a member of an emergency service for 17yrs and have had to zip up a few bags as you put it. I have accepted that I was in the wrong, not complained about it and I will have to pay the fine. Just off to work on my attitude and endeavour to make myself a better person.