Which wellies?

grousemoor

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have some toggis they have been fab , with a wear strip at the ankle they are warm but not to hot you cant walk in them , better than the hunter balmorals I had before , seeland are doing loads of willies now even with vibram soles, and they have generally got to be an expensive piece of kit nowadays.Hope Santa brings you some , remy 700

Seeland and Musto have been havining issues with quality.Took a pair of Musto' back after water started to seep in at the instep within weeks.Shop owner said reps have been and taken all stock of Musto and seeland.Both myself and my son had seelands 2 diff types and both these the heel came away within 12mths.I went back to muckboots.But you could get these.

Still have muck boots and love them, also have some musto ones which I am not overly impressed with - not that supportive and the poxy sole liners move about whilst wearing them. The only reason I bought them was they were half price ex display ones and had expanding sides with clips so I can get thick trousers inside them.

Tried on some hunters recently and they will be a new year sale present - hopefully.

The muck boots will stay and the mustos will go - just a shame muck boots don't do expanding or zipped side ones.

ATB

Seeland and Musto have been havining issues with quality.Took a pair of Musto' back after water started to seep in at the instep within weeks.Shop owner said reps have been and taken all stock of Musto and seeland.Both myself and my son had seelands 2 diff types and both these the heel came away within 12mths.I went back to muckboots.But you could get these.

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated....but I think I would be letting myself in for some serious p... taking if I got a pair of the pink ones!!!!

AIGLE AIGLE! Other than my old £109 le chameaus, these are without a doubt the best ive had. In their third season, and worn most other days..no leaks or cracks and really warm and comfortable! Wrecked hunter Balmoral in less than a season, and seelands lasted one and a half years

I've got basic Hunters and they do exactly what they are supposed to do, I wear them 2-3 times a week and the current pair are 18 months old with little sign of wear.

But they're not very well insulated, even with good socks on my feet get cold.

My wife has some as well but I just bought her some Le Chameau GTX (£320) for Xmas, so lets see how they compare to £80 Hunters.

All depends on your budget!

Also, why are you looking specifically at the thickest sole?

A little more info might get you answers closer to where you want to be.

If its for cold weather, will you only use these in the winter or all year round?

All depends on your budget!

Also, why are you looking specifically at the thickest sole?

A little more info might get you answers closer to where you want to be.

If its for cold weather, will you only use these in the winter or all year round?

Good points Cosd

I suppose I am prepared to pay up to £150 for the right wellies. I only really wear them in the winter months and want thick/cushioned soles for comfort and warmth.