can it be done for less than a ns200

shawn9914

Hi All

can a homemade nv set up be made for much less than you could buy a ns200 off the shelf, I was looking at a topic regards lots of pictures of homemade nv set ups but now I cant find that topic again ggggrrrrrrr

how much can a homemade kit be made up for, total cost and do you need to be a wizard in that sort of thing or could a complete novice like me do it who has no experience in that sort of technology

or is it just better to fork out £600 and know it works correctly

cheers shawn

Lots of info on the marky vision forum. However, let's not forget that the ns200 works very well out of the box, has excellent customer service, has passed CE inspection will work out to 160 - 170 yards.

I have spent a fortune on my own diy night vision systems, but have a bit of kit now that is unmatched by anything digital that is currently commercially available.

I started off with the ns200 however and it served me very well indeed.

Edited by mick miller

The NS200 could hardly be called cheap, but in the land of Factory Night Vision it is far from expensive.

Many people are happy to pay for a factory unit and backup, add to that many are not technically minded at all, or simply do not have the time or inclination to make one.

Without doubt similar products can be DIY made, as good performance wise, and cheaper in actual money terms, but then its down to you!

ATB!

Guy on ebay selling a NS upgrade. It is blooming good. It's the box that slides on the scope only. You need a screen, illuminator and battery.

It's £150 iirc. There is a vid somewhere on youtube of the unit and the range is very good. Can see rabbits in a field over 200 yards away!

I may be tempted later in the year when funds are better!

For the price of a ns200 you can make a nv kit + spotter and still have change. Its very easy to make and as iv said before if it brakes you will be able to repair it yourself. I had a home made system for around 6 months then upgraded to n750 that i could not get on with. I prefered my home nv. I wouldsay to people just have go, whats therr to loose? If you dont like it sell it! The cameras have come down in price, sure24 service is very good.

£120 for parts excluding the ir.I already had the NM800 so just bought the IR in a spare neck for the NM800 at £80.I have been using it since June 2013 at least twice a week and it has never failed.Have also used it in sub zero and it has lasted over 5hrs (battery wrapped in air con insulation tape).Couple of the fox lads wanted to see it and couldnt beleive how far they could see with a clear view of a backstop.Because they share the cost of everything they went and bought the NS200 to their dissapointment.Could of built them one each for the cost of the NS200.

Chimney is 180 mtres gable end is over 200mtrs

Edited by Davyo

£120 for parts excluding the ir.I already had the NM800 so just bought the IR in a spare neck for the NM800 at £80.I have been using it since June 2013 at least twice a week and it has never failed.Have also used it in sub zero and it has lasted over 5hrs (battery wrapped in air con insulation tape).Couple of the fox lads wanted to see it and couldnt beleive how far they could see with a clear view of a backstop.Because they share the cost of everything they went and bought the NS200 to their dissapointment.Could of built them one each for the cost of the NS200.

Chimney is 180 mtres gable end is over 200mtrs[/

That's cracking job mate, would you be interested in making them for people?

Edited by archie1234

I would be more than happy to send list of parts but building them no.I would of built for my two mates as I used to shoot with them years ago.They wanted to see my home build due my mate raving on about it all the time.

Plus my build is purely been acheived with advise off evo (exept for the IR),so it wouldnt feel right proffiting from something thats basically a copy of his baby,plus it would be stealing his trade as he builds very good kits for sale.

Have a go mate its simple.

I am going to build my own had some expert advise and now ordering all the bits I think it will be about £200 inc the IR and this should be able to see out to 250-300 meters so much more than I need to shoot with a 22LR

Davyo

that looks a cracking bit of kit you have built well done mate hope you enjoy

Edited by shawn9914

Let us know how you get on with your build,I chuckle everytime I pull the trigger with mine. Nothing better than walking out into a field and clearing it.I need to get some extra mags as cant load quick enough.

yes I will do I will post some pics etc when I get all the gear with still no idea LOL looking forward to having a go now to be honest

well I have finished ordering all the stuff and it came to just short of £300 but I did spend a bit more on a few better quality items than I possibly needed to could have shaved 50-80 quid of but thought I would go for a bit better quality as I normally find you get what you pay for (bad experience on ebay with torch from china twice gggrrr)

Edited by shawn9914