LACS have kindly arranged a 'public meeting' in Notts !

pegasus bridge

Inform BASC, the CA or the NGO. They would surely find this of interest and send a representative in the interest of balance.Or gather as many shooters in Nottinghamshire to attend for the same reason. There's a good chance LACS rep's would be outnumbered.

Edited by Scully

Yes , wildlife crime is important- but lacS want to criminialise all live shooting activity, it's a bit like the BNP running 'racial harmony' discussions.

It'll be interesting to know how they square sham concerns about wildlife crime with sabs breaking the law and interfering with people enjoying their legal hobbies or allowing deer to starve on their own sanctuaries.

Edited by sitsinhedges

I'd love to go, here a different point of view , it does on the other hand seem wrong that the PCC is joining the evening set up by them.

We do live in the end of time for shooting hunting and fishing , with the whip hand now lost it doesn't mean we should just shout louder, we do have to hear where there arguments come from and the direction they are going so we can argue with logic and compassion.

John.

I'd love to go, here a different point of view , it does on the other hand seem wrong that the PCC is joining the evening set up by them.

We do live in the end of time for shooting hunting and fishing , with the whip hand now lost it doesn't mean we should just shout louder, we do have to hear where there arguments come from and the direction they are going so we can argue with logic and compassion.

John.

Negative attitude!

The furture of the shooting sports is remarkably simple. Every shooter should introduce two new people to the sport each year.

If everyone did this, even less than this, we would have enough support get anything we wanted - or at the least not lose any more.

J.

Wildlife crime is a serious issue but that's a meeting about LACS.

Jonathon, the negative attitude is based on the realisation in Europe and UK things are changing and that history shows that laws don't change back, whether I like it or not.

I like your idea of changing the future by introducing new people and would love that to work.

The fact still remains that the world we live in is changing the towns now live in the country and have brought with them change, old ways are just that. People don't want to shoot and every act of parliament has reduced the numbers of people coming into it . Hunting is dieing on its hooves and fishing remains but even the once seen as outsiders in LACS are now in poll position and have stated that fishing is next.

I have a bleak view for my passions I do believe that the pendulum will swing back I just can't imagine how many laws will have been made to make it just a big game of plinking.

John

Jonathon, the negative attitude is based on the realisation in Europe and UK things are changing and that history shows that laws don't change back, whether I like it or not.

I like your idea of changing the future by introducing new people and would love that to work.

The fact still remains that the world we live in is changing the towns now live in the country and have brought with them change, old ways are just that. People don't want to shoot and every act of parliament has reduced the numbers of people coming into it . Hunting is dieing on its hooves and fishing remains but even the once seen as outsiders in LACS are now in poll position and have stated that fishing is next.

I have a bleak view for my passions I do believe that the pendulum will swing back I just can't imagine how many laws will have been made to make it just a big game of plinking.

John

I thought I read somewhere that shotgun ownership is at an all time high? as for newcomers I was rough shooting on boxing day and was the oldest gun at 33, on saturday the lad on the peg next to me was 13

I really dont think as bad as you suggest, and they would have thier work cut out with fishing, not only the most popular sport in the UK but also very spread across 'class'. Not really a vote winner for the politicians (unlike foxhunting), I would guess most people in the UK would have a relative or friend who fishes in some way or other.

John

This simply isn't true. There are more FAC's and SGC's on issue now than there have been for very many years. I think the number of RFD's is rather high as well.

The prospect of greater regulation on airguns may not be a bad thing in the long run (not that I necessarily agree with it) as it will bring more airgunners into contact with oter shooters and RFD's. The latter has already happened and airgunners are crossing over into other aspects of the sport because they are often dealing with RFD's when collecting airguns.

I genuinely don't see much more regulation on the cards as there is little political will to do it. There more shooters there are the less likelihood of any further restrictions.

J..

I dont think lacs are in pole position , their paying membership is dropping year on year - with just 3000 paying members currently!

And by all accounts their finances are in a tenuous postion.

The point of me highlighting this meeting they have arranged, is that we all know what their agenda is, and given the weak support I believe they have, they still manage to get more air time than the deserve by some considerable margin.

Edited by pegasus bridge

The government still continues to try and reduce legally held guns every chance they can as do the police.

My argument is neither green nor anti gun.

My passions are shooting hunting and fishing.

Fishing is still statistically the largest participation sport in the UK.

That does not answer the fact that LACS has said fishing is next and the left wing of the Labour party has said that they will be looking at shooting and fishing and game shooting in particular.

Holland has chaos where hunting was made illegal and culling the only option for specific species, Germany fishing is in disarray with catch and release banned .

Whilst the large proportion of the UK population are not caring to my sports or gun hostile about things and a leaning in general to liberal and political vegetarianism we will be a solid minority with no mid alliance couplings to the main stream and LACS and the rest will make a small minority into a larger force due to the apathy of everyone else.

That is why I find the politically aligned PCC being involved by LACS public meeting a difficult proposition.

We need to see there arguments and work at there weakness not just shout ridicule as the fox hunting debate did.

This forum here still shouts over Polish Swan killers and course fishers and we play into agreeing with who? So what does the ill informed masses see. Easy answers ban fishing and hunting whilst fear of guns runs on by itself . Clay grounds being ever more restricted by local bylaws of lead or noise issues once again taking the mid ground with them.

John.