Pond or wildfowling club ???

michael68

Personaly i would take the route that i followed and purchase an area of wetland ,then create your own wetland reserve i feed it heavily all year and shoot it with a few selected freinds., only once a month ,i too am vastly experienced and although its not proper fowling i do not have to put up with some of the annoying behaviour that we see on public areas.

I strictly regulate what is shot and never allow more than 20 ducks each per flight .

Yes this is definately the route to go down.

Personaly i would take the route that i followed and purchase an area of wetland ,then create your own wetland reserve i feed it heavily all year and shoot it with a few selected freinds., only once a month ,i too am vastly experienced and although its not proper fowling i do not have to put up with some of the annoying behaviour that we see on public areas.

I strictly regulate what is shot and never allow more than 20 ducks each per flight .

Yes this is definately the route to go down.

You think 20 ducks each per flight is regulated ?

I dont really know whats going on here .

You claim to be experienced and shoot quite a few ducks yet you don't even have a SGC ( this will prevent you joining a club)

Your asking about buying land and making flight ponds which is an expensive business , yet you are asking on another thread what jobs you could do with no qualifications :hmm:

You can get decent advice on here but it would pay to be a little more open and honest.

You have not put in your birthday , but I am guessing your about 16 and a bit of a dreamer.

I dont really know whats going on here .

You claim to be experienced and shoot quite a few ducks yet you don't even have a SGC ( this will prevent you joining a club)

Your asking about buying land and making flight ponds which is an expensive business , yet you are asking on another thread what jobs you could do with no qualifications :hmm:

You can get decent advice on here but it would pay to be a little more open and honest.

You have not put in your birthday , but I am guessing your about 16 and a bit of a dreamer.

Haha what he said ^^^^^

Hey I'm an experienced shooter and shoot quite a few ducks and Im thinking of starting it seriously next season. What would you suggest that i buy 3-5 acres and make a flight pond or just join a club? Thanks

hi mate, my advice would be to join your nearest club , if you aint got lots of experience most clubs will mentor you until they feel your experienced enough to go on you own. Also if your thinking of taking up wildfowling seriously you might want to start looking to get a dog As they can be essential for shooting duck over the foreshore. Good luck .

You think 20 ducks each per flight is regulated ?

Well if you dont count the geese as well i dont bother to regulate them :yes: Being vastly experienced i seldom miss you see....When you invest vast quantities of cash on your own marsh you have to maximize your sport. I would reccommend everyone to do it :good:

20 ducks per flight once a month, personally would rather do half a dozen each every 2 weeks. if it is a decent size bit of marshland it should be able to handle it especially if no one else shoots it rather be out a few more times and shoot less each time....just a personal view though... atb

20 ducks per flight once a month, personally would rather do half a dozen each every 2 weeks. if it is a decent size bit of marshland it should be able to handle it especially if no one else shoots it rather be out a few more times and shoot less each time....just a personal view though... atb

OOPS just noticed my typo should read 2 ducks. Sorry was just joining in with the day dreams . :sad1:

If you can afford it and this is not a wind up ? I would go down the buy your own land and create the right habitat.

I have created two ponds in the last few years one I shoot and one I don't or very rarely.

Land wont be cheap around my way small parcels are in the region of 10k + per acre so if you are a schoolboy who is dreaming as has been suggested the this will amount to a whole lot of pocket money !!

There are a number of schemes available from the wildlife trusts and other bodies that will help out financially, and you will need planning if it is anything of size as I found out to my cost !

It is very rewarding though and both my ponds attract large amounts of wildfowl and especially one which is a very exiting teal pond which can be verified by scolopax.on here who shot it with his brother.