Alarm Advise

Stoobygixer

I don`t see why not you can buy 12g blank firers that you can run of a trip wire.

A farmer i shoot for has them all over his farm buildings and sheds.

Manchester Air Guns (shop) sells them you get 12 blank cartridges and the firing trigger or device.

They are sold has an 12g blank firing ALARM. I would ring PLOD just to make sure it`s legal has said above.

Sometimes on both ?

I don`t see why not you can buy 12g blank firers that you can run of a trip wire.

Manchester Air Guns (shop) sells them you get 12 blank cartridges and the firing trigger or device.

They are sold has an 12g blank firing ALARM. I would ring PLOD just to make sure it`s legal has said above.

Thanks

I used them in my sisters garden, low lifes about, rigged it up, 2 nights later they phoned the police, forgot to tell him about it, Apparently he hit the the dirt in very quick time.. just explained it was an alarm blank, nothing more said..(I Did have a good laugh.) :lol::lol:

My Mate installed one in his car, after having his car nicked, never went off though, they stayed away.

He Was on nights at the time as well.

Edited by subsonicnat

I know its OK around private buildings and property, although I believe signs are supposed to be posted.

But, inside a vehicle ?

Since the interior of a vehicle is not public access i cannot see any particular law being broken.

If the vehicle however is a nice one why not consider having a 'Clifford' alarm system fitted?

I think your car interior is classed as a public place in line with the laws on weapons and knives. Consider the other risks though like fire inside the car etc. These are black powder and cars are full of things that might set on fire

I should go for physical security measures personally! Like cable and padlocks etc. Also keeping stuff out of sight

This reminds me of a conversation between the Home office rep and a South African firm selling car tazers I once witnessed. These things were awesome like a std cook lock but if touched without first before being dis armed they literally shocked the thief into a jabbering wreck on the floor! The guy from the H.O was not at all keen and I remember the guy saying "But, but there in your XXXXXXX car mate "

Henry Krank also sells them. But check to see if it's legal to use them in your vehicle. They are normally used around allotments/sheds etc.