1993-V-2013 .

Jega

You had a laptop in 1993 all that we had was Amstrad desk tops with no hard drives in them you had to put a flopy in to run them.

in 2034 I have no idea when I was young we was going to be living on the moon by now what happened to that dream perhaps we will all catch computer bugs and be dead.

Edited by four-wheel-drive

But in the 20 years before that i didn't need any of the gadgets in any of the pictures. :hmm:

My 10yr old doesn't believe that we didn't have mobile phones or computers when I was his age.

I think I might have had a Spectrum 48k by then, or maybe it was a year or so later, but mobile phones were unheard of, my mum just told us to come home when it got dark.

My lad goes out now and says "phone me when its time to come in".

Edited by Alfred

My 10yr old doesn't believe that we didn't have mobile phones or computers when I was his age.

I think I might have had a Spectrum 48k by then, or maybe it was a year or so later, but mobile phones were unheard of, my mum just told us to come home when it got dark.

My lad goes out now and says "phone me when its time to come in".

ahhh i had a commadore 64......waited ages for it to load

Yeah but I had Daley Thompsons decathlon .... That was the death of many a spectrum joystick !!

Remember it well after 20 mins of playing the game and doing the hurdles the joystick would lean to one side !!!

You had to have had one to know what I mean :-p

Commodore 64 and a tape drive, took ages to load a game so you did it while you went for dinner, only to find a "syntax error" message on the screen when you returned ready to start the first level lol. Even worse was writing the code from one of those books, you spent hours patiently typing code only to reach the end and have a little stick man walk across the screen in less than a second or something :blink: Computers certainly have come on a long way.

Are all the advances positive though? Technically very clever and with some valuable uses but I wonder at the addiction to. Boilerplate phones and iPads, Xbox games etc which all take away from enjoying the real world?

Kids don't seem to go outside so much as we did so if it is this bad now, how much worse will it be in another 20 years?

Maybe the implantable chip will be available so that phoning, texting etc. can all be done hands free?

Are all the advances positive though? Technically very clever and with some valuable uses but I wonder at the addiction to. Boilerplate phones and iPads, Xbox games etc which all take away from enjoying the real world?

Kids don't seem to go outside so much as we did so if it is this bad now, how much worse will it be in another 20 years?

Maybe the implantable chip will be available so that phoning, texting etc. can all be done hands free?

i wouldn't say that was mainly down to things like xbox/pcs/tv i would say that is far far more down to safety precautions i mean at school we weren't aloud to play games like british bulldog (basically rugby without a ball) not aloud to play with sticks or anything i mean there was a story in america about a boy aged 10 that was suspended from school for something along the lines of making a gun sign with his fingers and pointing at another kid

in fact i would say it has nothing to do with things like xbox but people being way overprotective i mean its crazy the stupid things you aren't aloud to do just let kids be kids yes they do stupid stuff but they will learn