Best Semi Auto Shotgun For Under £500

Mollyspringer

As above, I'm after a semi auto shotgun 12g for under £500 mainly for clays, rough shooting and pigeons/crows. I'm going to the great british shooting show on the 14th and was wondering if I could get a bargain there? How much cheaper are the guns and cartridges there compared to a local RFD?

Not

I have a Beretta A302....30 years old and still performing faultlessly.....like to see some of the current semi autos doing that in 30 years time!

Well...so would you if you were 62 years old!!.....lol!

Eric.

Same here, get any of the 300 series as they are work horses and great value.

ArmSan a612 if you want something new. Or second hand you could pick up a half decent Beretta 302, Winchester sx2, Browning gold, etc. Lots of decent older stuff for that money. Just try what you can and see what feels right and fits you.

+1 for the armsan. I've had mine 3 years and it hasn't skipped a beat, cycles everything from 24g up and when I wanted bits the importers couldn't get (nothing broke, just altering it for psg) armsan sent it foc.

If you want something you won't lose money on if you have to sell it go for a pre owened Beretta, Browning or one of the better known names.

As for the shooting show, it will give you a chance to shoulder most guns but bargains seem few and far between.

Edited by Sco77w

I'm not sure what fits me at the moment that's why I'm asking see what guns get mentioned and then look at a few of them. I'll check those out that you mentioned. Any others? What about the shooting show?

Last year there were quite a few cheap hatsans at the show - didnt see any particularly good deals on the likes of beretta, browning etc

I'm in the same boat getting a new semi auto tomorrow, gunna take a road trip and look about, I've also seen beretta and Brownings for that and the Remington 1100, what would you guys recommend? I've seen brand new hatsans with warrenties for a similar price... I'm open to suggestions! Sorry to hijack the post as well :)