Shooting show

marcus94

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First time going today !!

Left home at 3am and got there for 6:30.

Advance tickets so went in for a tea then qued for 1/2 hour.

Was supprized walked around with my wife and was not to busy.

Met my hero Chris Green and bought his new dvd. Had another good nose about then at 10 watched the wild chef smoke and cook muntjac deer ( very nice ) about 10:30 was packed so of to have a look about rugby then off to hotel for the night an a nice meal out.

Very enjoyable and my advice for people going tomorrow is get there early !!!

Was there yesterday. question. Is it me or is there something odd / weird with the softair people.

Why do people take dogs to these shows.

98511f0a203679841faca5340cbb588e.jpg
Oh an so very true had a good giggle at them lol

I'm going tomorrow, I'm a shooting show virgin so uber excited.

Any reviews?

Any bargains on semi autos? I'm after a few decoys and some binos I think.

Went yesterday, didnt see any real bargains but there are a lot of shotgun retailers, was a bit disappointed there wasnt more airguns. Dont know if they'll discount anymore on the last day of the show - went sunday last year and there were some cheap hatsan semis but not much else. parking was much better than last year, got there about 8.30 and for the first hour wasnt too crowded. definitely try and get there early if you can.

Went yesterday, didnt see any real bargains but there are a lot of shotgun retailers, was a bit disappointed there wasnt more airguns. Dont know if they'll discount anymore on the last day of the show - went sunday last year and there were some cheap hatsan semis but not much else. parking was much better than last year, got there about 8.30 and for the first hour wasnt too crowded. definitely try and get there early if you can.

I think it will be a hatsan I am after rwally

I went to the show today. Didn't find a gun that I was ultimately after, but got a few bits and bobs in the end.

Visited Paul Hart's stand "The Pigeon Shooter" where I managed to find a proper Stealth net. There were so many copies today it was a joke. The quality difference is obvious, having bought my last one from Paul some 5 years ago and to his day it isn't ripped, snagged or come apart, so I bought another one. This time I got the 5m one at a very reasonable price. I also picked up some good quality dead bird cradles from there. Paul is a gent to deal with and really pleased I got to meet him in person.

Pop to his stand if you visit the show, he has a good selection of bits there at good prices.

Went today and it was a fair bit quieter than at its peak last year which was mental so thumbs up to the organisers for the extra day. Went with five mates and got a nice deal from A1 on some bouncers and a rotary :good: .

Some nice shotguns and Cheshire Gun Room was discounting some of the Hatsans quite heavily. However second hand air rifles were a bit so so with some heavy money being asked for some questionable quality kit. Made up my mind on one thing anyway held the Evanix Rainstorm and my god it was heavy for its size so that one of them off the shopping list.

If anyone fancies an MTC scope they were knocking about £30 off RRP and the new Genesis was down to £120 which is a fair bit of scope for the money.

Airsoft well what can I say I bet they bring good money into the show but its a bit cringworthy sometimes :whistling: .

'.......Visited Paul Hart's stand "The Pigeon Shooter" where I managed to find a proper Stealth net. There were so many copies today it was a joke. The quality difference is obvious, having bought my last one from Paul some 5 years ago and to his day it isn't ripped, snagged or come apart, so I bought another one. This time I got the 5m one at a very reasonable price. I also picked up some good quality dead bird cradles from there. Paul is a gent to deal with and really pleased I got to meet him in person........'

Must say I did not realise the difference between all the different 'Stealth' nets out there until I went around the show, which by the way was well worth it, and saw all the nets on display. Its clear that Paul is selling the 'real deal' as far as nets are concerned and one that you can see will last just due to the build quality alone. Wish I had hooked up with him before the show and before buying the ones I did last year which are now struggling to hold together. Never met Paul before and he just gave a balanced view of the options which was refreshing compared to a few other traders trying to stuff their products down your throat. Go and see him (opposite the Nomad stand in Hall 1)

First show I have been too and agree with the others re range of guns and there are some good deals if you are prepared to hunt them out. Phillip Morris in particular is having a good sale which I think is also on their website as well.

Edited by Herr Plinker

'.......Visited Paul Hart's stand "The Pigeon Shooter" where I managed to find a proper Stealth net. There were so many copies today it was a joke. The quality difference is obvious, having bought my last one from Paul some 5 years ago and to his day it isn't ripped, snagged or come apart, so I bought another one. This time I got the 5m one at a very reasonable price. I also picked up some good quality dead bird cradles from there. Paul is a gent to deal with and really pleased I got to meet him in person........'

Must say I did not realise the difference between all the different 'Stealth' nets out there until I went around the show, which by the way was well worth it, and saw all the nets on display. Its clear that Paul is selling the 'real deal' as far as nets are concerned and one that you can see will last just due to the build quality alone. Wish I had hooked up with him before the show and before buying the ones I did last year which are now struggling to hold together. Never met Paul before and he just gave a balanced view of the options which was refreshing compared to a few other traders trying to stuff their products down your throat. Go and see him (opposite the Nomad stand in Hall 1)

First show I have been too and agree with the others re range of guns and there are some good deals if you are prepared to hunt them out. Phillip Morris in particular is having a good sale which I think is also on their website as well.

Hell of a nice guy and good to deal with :good:

Guest topshot_2k

was a good show, no doubt all the weather has affected numbers visiting. Picked up some cleaning kit, ammo and some advice on reloading.

No idea what the airsoft has to do with shooting, it does make laugh seeing them geared up like special forces. Would rather they ditched airsoft and got fishing back at the show.

also was there no clay line this year?

Edited by topshot_2k

Went to the show today. I thought it was good.

As promised last years problems have been ironed out.

Got a few bits I wanted and had a good day out with my son

and friends. Didn't see any problems with dogs. All gun dogs

are usually very well behaved. I thought the food was a rip off.

Very expensive for poor quality and quantity. That was my only

gripe.

Enjoyed the day, the food I thought was excellent value for money, including tea and coffee, cans of Pepsi max and tanto were just 35p each and scotch eggs although not the best I've had were ok.

You know all the food is poo the drinks are stupid prices ( well I manage to figure that out) so I take my own and get a bargain of the day.