Hoovering up spilt powder

Now then,

Iv just rebuilt my reloading area and the clean up begins,

Iv swept up 90% but the hoover is now required,

If I place a anti static sheet (the type that goes in a tumble drier) in the hoover bag and one in between the motor partical filter,(easy to do as its a Numatic-Edward)

Will this prevent the hoover being sent into orbit ? :no:

Ta muchly,

Bta

I will put the record straight on this one I have first hand experance with this and should have won a Darwin Award for this.

About 10 years ago I was lucky enough to obtain 10 barrels of cut off cartridges ,I spent weeks in the garage striping them down to salvage powder and primers enevatably there was a lot of powder on the floor of the garage (which was carpeted ).

I had been warned about not using a Hoover ,but hay what could go wrong !

I used to share the garage with my fathers classic car a jaguar XK150 in concours condition and worth around £80,000.

I started using the Hoover and was nearly finished when I hovered up a live primer this rattled around the very worn brushes for a few seconds ,then went off the hoover sucked up the flame in to the plastic see through collection vessel wher the whole Hoover exploded and left me holding a grey plastic handle with a mains cable attached . It was total dark as it tripped the mains .I was not Shure I was still in the land of the living until I realised that there was a funny smell from the seat of my pants .Eventally I found the door and reset the mains,luckily there was no damage to myself or dad's car the Hoover was a right off .It was this moment that I had found out that doing this activity is very good for constipation.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED JUST DONT DO IT !!

Deershooter

Edited by deershooter

No electric vacuum devises with powder for guns! Old golden rule!

Brush and pan and burn it.

Burn it?

I just got a new loader which had a FULL bottle of powder! Not knowing what the powder was I put it in a pile and set fire to it!

There was about 1/4 a kilo and made a rather big pile!

Put a light to it and WOOF! 9 foot high flare lasted about 4 seconds :blink:

Swear I got a sun tan :lol: :lol:

deershooter you are not alone in doing that. I read on US forum some years back that a guy had done a similar thing. He was using a Kirby vac and hit a primer, that inturn blew the bag off along with a trouser leg and the plaster board off the partition.

It's probably better to wet the carpet and use a wet and dry vac.