missing plane

digger

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Right, this is starting to **** me off because there is obviously something somewhere not being responsably recorded in the media about what has happen to flight MH370,

Its either been hi-jacked and crashed somewhere or been shot down as a possible 9/11 follower by some no named country but which ever the above there should be wreckage somewhere to confirme SOMETHING.

The only issue I have seen raised with that theory is why the left turn was executed by reprogramming the computer (apparently by keying in a sequence of letters into the flight computer) rather than by manually turning left which apparently would have been the most logical thing to do in an emergency

The only issue I have seen raised with that theory is why the left turn was executed by reprogramming the computer (apparently by keying in a sequence of letters into the flight computer) rather than by manually turning left which apparently would have been the most logical thing to do in an emergency

That could be right. In a severe / urgent emergency the pilot would be highly unlikely to reprogram the FMC (Flight Management Computer, which is the little computer you are probably talking about) but he would most likely use the MCP (basically, the autopilot) to adjust the heading by simply turning a knob to the desired heading (which would deactivate LNAV mode, which follows what's in the FMC), or, as you say, just manually making the turn. They are trained to 'fly the aircraft' first.

In a less severe emergency though, and when he had time he would possibly enter the waypoint / airport etc into the FMC and the aircraft would 'track' to it (as opposed to just head in that general direction) which takes into account wind direction, which will blow an aircraft off course massively at cruise altitude. That would actually minimise cockpit workload in dealing with all the other guff he had to do. The MCP on a 777 has a TRK mode too but LNAV might be better. Those more qualified than I can confirm (or deny) this.

Just a thought.

But in my opinion - sadly - it's at the bottom of the ocean somewhere.

Edited by Thunderbird

Has anyone considered the fact the opposition leader was jailed for (how can I say this without the swear filter getting me) inserting his little gentleman in another large gentleman, allegedly, so by being jailed he cannot stand again the existing premier in the forthcoming elections.

Supporters of the opposition party are currently sitting on the ground in the plane negotiating with the government using the foreign hostages to get the opposition leader out of jail.

But we also know that the aircraft was 'pinging' for several hours after the Mallaca Straights position.

(On the arc shown on every TV programme and paper report on the extreme range/angle of one geostatic communications satellite).

We know that in order to do that it had power applied to the systems. It could have been on the surface or in the air but not submerged.

But we also know that the aircraft was 'pinging' for several hours after the Mallaca Straights position.

(On the arc shown on every TV programme and paper report on the extreme range/angle of one geostatic communications satellite).

We know that in order to do that it had power applied to the systems. It could have been on the surface or in the air but not submerged.

Pilots could have made the change to the autopilot - then overcome by smoke or hypoxia - electronics may have failed due to fire or other electrical issue - impenetrable cockpit doors would not let anyone else in to help (assuming they were not overcome also), so the plane just flew on auto for 6/7 hours until it ran out of fuel.