New boiler

955i

thats more like it for a decent boiler properly installed, putting a cheap one on an old system will lead to issues down the line it needs to be well flushed and clean I'm sureour boiler on its own was close to 1K

Very boiler and location dependent. For the £1150 mentioned here you would barely buy the parts for the boilers we usually fit.

Very true. Boilers we spec for jobs are £950+ vat. Then you need a clock.That's just for the boiler alone, with no mark up for the installer either.

A basic in out combi swap labour wise is £400 to £600 depending on what's required.

Mine was fitted 4 years ago and its a Main Combi 24 HE. My wife has just corrected me and said that we paid £1235.00

I have the same combi in my bungalow it was £495 for the boiler £200 labour for fitting including a new gas feed and connecting all the pipework that I installed myself.

Edited by Luckyshot

I have been quoted £3885 :no:

Bit steep imo! + he'll get £60 in scrap for the old immersion tank etc!!

edit: my plumber does a complete new build 2 bed house £2600 +vat. Worcester boiler, all pipes +5/6 rads included. (parts normally come to about £1600, so £1000 labour!) and thats in London!!

Edited by silver pigeon69

I have been quoted £3885 :no:

British gas? Actually BG or not, they are bending you over.

It does depend on spec and location, but a couple of thousand (2500 inc VAT) would cover most eventualities unless you are doing serious relocation and lots of pipe work needs running.,

Edited by -Mongrel-

£3000 - 4000 including powerflush and good kit like a Worcester bosch, magna clean, limescale reducer etc.

The boiler alone can come in at around £1500

Really? What are you fitting?

We fit Vaillants and can get a 30kw combi for a shade over a £1000 plus VAT. I don't think the Worcesters are any more expensive, and something like a Gloworm is significantly cheaper.

Really? What are you fitting?

We fit Vaillants and can get a 30kw combi for a shade over a £1000 plus VAT. I don't think the Worcesters are any more expensive, and something like a Gloworm is significantly cheaper.

That would be a 37KW £1500 including VAT roughly

so how much of that would be labour? and how many days would it take pls?

Depends on the job. Could take 2 - 3 days. As for labour anywhere between £275 - £400 a day depending on how many ppl on site and experience

That would be a 37KW £1500 including VAT roughly

Depends on the job. Could take 2 - 3 days. As for labour anywhere between £275 - £400 a day depending on how many ppl on site and experience

i was under the impression the price was to replace the immersion for a combi, not for a complete fit? surely should not take more than 1 person, 1 day to do exchange? or am i missing something?

I think £4K sounds about right. You probably need TRVs fitting, definitely a power flush, Fit magna clean, probably a new gas supply, removal of the DHW cylinder and converting the system to high pressure. Draining and possibly removing the cold water and F&E tanks, probably 4 man days labour.

Last one I did,Swap boiler from floor mounted to wall mounted above existing position,remove cylinder,new controls which required sparks for 3 hrs,flush,magnaclean but no new gas run,One Gas lad and a competent lad complete in 9hrs.Charged customer £2500 inc,Was a very handsome job for me.

I hear these things, but don't understand how it's possible. Doing a power flush takes at least 4 or 5 hours, so how you can do much other than hang the boiler on the wall and maybe the electrics during that time is a mystery. My pants obviously don't fit over my trousers.

You need to ask what your getting for money. A break down of costs should reveal why it's seemingly high.

I've just built a four bed Dormer Bungalow and have just fitted a 40kw boiler, the main draw was the hot water cylinder coil at 22kw plus under floor heating and radiators upstairs. The KW load required surprised me, as I thought a 30kw boiler would be plenty.

Figgy

thats more like it for a decent boiler properly installed, putting a cheap one on an old system will lead to issues down the line it needs to be well flushed and clean I'm sureour boiler on its own was close to 1K

Spot on. I have the T-shirt.

In our last house (70's) when we moved in we just changed the boiler for a combi and left the pipes and rads in situ. Big mistake.

Firstly, the heating system made no sense so there was no proper circuit. Secondly as time passed all the rads deteriorated inside out and put poop into the system but with no proper circuit you couldn't power flush. So, loads of boiler call outs and a manga clean being wiped down daily we got there in the end.

In the new gaff (early 80's) I'm having the whole lot ripped out and am starting again clean whilst the floor boards are up and other stuff is happening (re-wire, alarm and aerial etc)