Predictions for sunday !!

ditchman

we are looking at i think 78 seats.........how many will go the UKIP way do you reckon.......

i reckon, maybe 12 ..then again what do i know.........is there any corelation between council results and the MEP vote........

Edited by ditchman

Listening to the reactions of the main 3 party leaders following the mauling they took from UKIP in the local elections.it seems they still havent got it into their thick skulls that uncontrolled immigration is a very major concern for the general public.

For gods sake what will it take to get these clowns to face up to this growing problem ?

I think it will be a bit closer than expected.

UKIP and Labour will be vying for the top spot and hopefully the Limp Dumps will be wiped out.

What will be interesting however are the results from some of the other EU countries.

With a rise in Eurosceptic parties across the continent the results from France, Holland, Italy, Hungary, Portugal and Greece will be a major concern to the EUSSR commissars.

It's been predicted that Eurosceptics could hold anything between a quarter and a third of all MEP's after the election. Now that would be interesting. :yes:

Edit to say I reckon UKIP will return 22 MEP's.

Edited by poontang

Sunny intervals and scattered showers - wind from the North East or North North East - maximum temperature 15 C is the prediction for here tomorrow - much as it was for today.

And if you are talking about the European Elections, the predictions are

Northern Ireland Constituency

Democratic Unionists [DUP] 1

Ulster Unionists [uUP] 1

Sinn Fein [sF] 1

There is an outside possibility that the Social Democratic & Labour Party [sDLP] just might pip the Ulster Unionists but that would be a seismic shock indeed and would totally eclipse anything that UKIP might or might not achieve...... they will not win a seat here :good:

I suspect most of the results will not be known until MONDAY at the earliest as no counting can start in any EU member state until after the last polls have closed and la belle France and a number of other EU countries do not vote until tomorrow Sunday.

I think it will be a bit closer than expected.

UKIP and Labour will be vying for the top spot and hopefully the Limp Dumps will be wiped out.

What will be interesting however are the results from some of the other EU countries.

With a rise in Eurosceptic parties across the continent the results from France, Holland, Italy, Hungary, Portugal and Greece will be a major concern to the EUSSR commissars.

It's been predicted that Eurosceptics could hold anything between a quarter and a third of all MEP's after the election. Now that would be interesting. :yes:

Edit to say I reckon UKIP will return 22 MEP's.

That I think is a pretty sensible prediction - more than we would like but better than the wilder suggestions of 40. Anyway we shall see and there is no doubt that UKIP will increase its representation - let us hope they will use it SENSIBLY and fight for the UKs best interests, rather than just either refuse to take part or else just act as a wrecking party. That way, they just might get some sort of recognition and not sink back into oblivion come the general election in 2015.

They have to have constructive policies, rather than just be a one issue protest party - that will get them nowhere.

And yes Poontang, I think that other Eurosceptic parties may do quite well also.

However and if the EU disintegrates, we will be in for a period at least of total chaos and the US, Russia, China, Japan, India and others will make hay at the UK's and Europe's expense - these are deep and uncharted waters and they frighten me....

I am under the impresion that the EU election is not like the other first past the post it is a PR sistem so in affect they add up the number of votes for each party and devide the number of MPs or something like that.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/local-elections/5319294/European-parliamentary-elections-2009-How-they-work.html

Edited by four-wheel-drive

However and if the EU disintegrates, we will be in for a period at least of total chaos and the US, Russia, China, Japan, India and others will make hay at the UK's and Europe's expense - these are deep and uncharted waters and they frighten me....

I'm more frightened by the obsession of the EU in moving to closer and closer political union. It simply can't work.

The people's and cultures of the European countries are far too diversified, and the economic disparity far too large for such a union.

The other countries you've mentioned, the US, China, Russia and others all manage to trade quite happily in the global market without the need of a political or fiscal union with their neighbours.

I, like many others, would have no problem with a European trading partnership, but political and economic union is something I could never support.

I'm more frightened by the obsession of the EU in moving to closer and closer political union. It simply can't work.

The people's and cultures of the European countries are far too diversified, and the economic disparity far too large for such a union.

The other countries you've mentioned, the US, China, Russia and others all manage to trade quite happily in the global market without the need of a political or fiscal union with their neighbours.

I, like many others, would have no problem with a European trading partnership, but political and economic union is something I could never support.

Exactly.

The great fraud of the EU is that it was never conceived as a customs union or a free trade zone, it was only promoted as one. The idea from the beginning was to create by a process of creep a centrally governed superstate - or as its architects hoped with supremely misplaced confidence, a superpower - disguised as a customs union to get it past national electorates. It cannot be reformed back into a free trade zone and a customs union because it was never designed as such in the first place.

The thing I find frightening, while we're on the subject of fear, is that the EU is a grand deceit successfully hiding in plain sight. The people of Europe have been meticulously groomed for decades until they have developed a form of collective Stockholm Syndrome whereby they view their captor as their protector. So strong is the pathology that when the one inducement deployed to buy their quiescence, that of economic stability and prosperity, fails as spectacularly as it has, the delusion remains so persistent. That is finally changing.

A free trade zone with harmonised light-touch regulation but without pooled sovereignty or monetary union is a good idea but is not, has never been and will never be on the agenda in the Council of Europe.

The greatest contribution the UK could make to Europe the continent, as opposed to Europe the grand folly, is to leave the EU and invite other members to join us in a genuine free trade alliance of sovereign nations without political union, monetary union, trampled borders, politically orchestrated mass migrations or abased democracy and leave Orwellian empire building in the dead past of the last century where it belongs.

Edited by Gimlet

Exactly.

The great fraud of the EU is that it was never conceived as a customs union or a free trade zone, it was only promoted as one. The idea from the beginning was to create by a process of creep a centrally governed superstate - or as its architects hoped with supremely misplaced confidence, a superpower - disguised as a customs union to get it past national electorates. It cannot be reformed back into a free trade zone and a customs union because it was never designed as such in the first place.

The thing I find frightening, while we're on the subject of fear, is that the EU is a grand deceit successfully hiding in plain sight. The people of Europe have been meticulously groomed for decades until they have developed a form of collective Stockholm Syndrome whereby they view their captor as their protector. So strong is the pathology that when the one inducement deployed to buy their quiescence, that of economic stability and prosperity, fails as spectacularly as it has, the delusion remains so persistent. That is finally changing.

A free trade zone with harmonised light-touch regulation but without pooled sovereignty or monetary union is a good idea but is not, has never been and will never be on the agenda in the Council of Europe.

The greatest contribution the UK could make to Europe the continent, as opposed to Europe the grand folly, is to leave the EU and invite other members to join us in a genuine free trade alliance of sovereign nations without political union, monetary union, trampled borders, politically orchestrated mass migrations or abased democracy and leave Orwellian empire building in the dead past of the last century where it belongs.

Well said

If UKIP and the Eurosceptics get the lions share of the seats, I wonder if the EU will give us all another chance to vote again, to try to get it right next time.

They`ll probably quash the result and make us vote again until we make the right decision.

Look what they did to Ireland !

Exactly.

Far too much truth there for one post !

Very well said.

The EU is a proportional system, not like our own first past the post. Each region has a handful of MEP seats (not just one) and they are allocated using some form of PR system.

This means smaller parties have often done better in the European elections than general elections.

UKIP are going to do well, possibly in first place. Maybe a close second, we don't know yet. These elections have often had low turnout but that may or may not change as UKIP supporters and anti-UKIPers both come out to vote.

Labour will do all right as well, they've been polling fairly well.

Some polls have put the Conservatives fairly low, but the Lib Dems could lose most of their seats based on some polls.

The greens already have 2 MEPs and their support has been growing a bit. Given their rise in support and the PR system, they are expected to increase their number of MEPs.

The BNP have been doing badly, and only just got seats last time. Hopefully they will lose their only seats as they so deserve to.

But all of this is just speculation really, based on polls. The poll that actually matters hasn't announced results yet.

Edited by Reece

Looks like Mr Farage is already turning up the pressure on Mr Cameron.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2638377/Now-I-destroy-Tory-party-In-crowing-interview-Nigel-Farage-reveals-quit-politics-hes-got-UK-EU.html

He's a shrewd cookie is Nige, I expect Dave would have choked on his cornflakes reading that this morning. :)

Seems the distrust in the EU is not restricted to the UK ,in France it looks like the far right FN is going to be the leading party, and hollande has called an emergency meeting of the govt tomorrow, bet all of a sudden free movement of workers is on the agenda.

KW

Edited by kdubya

Seems the distrust in the EU is not restricted to the UK ,in France it looks like the far right FN is going to be the leading party, and hollande has called an emergency meeting of the govt tomorrow, bet all of a sudden free movement of workers is on the agenda.

KW

god help us all the french loons are loose someones left the keys in the door of the asylum :lol:

Edited by overandunder2012