Who would want a grandmother like this - poor kid!!

Penelope

She's right. We all know kids should be inside - unless they are travelling to a friends house to watch TV and play the X box, it's the best thing for them. Being outdoors in the fresh air and taking pleasure learning about, and honing skills in, the art of fishing should be dissuaded at all costs. Keep him in, burn his fishing stuff - and his bike (just in case) and get that lad in front of the box with some micro-chips and some blue fizzy sugar-water.

She's right. We all know kids should be inside - unless they are travelling to a friends house to watch TV and play the X box, it's the best thing for them. Being outdoors in the fresh air and taking pleasure learning about, and honing skills in, the art of fishing should be dissuaded at all costs. Keep him in, burn his fishing stuff - and his bike (just in case) and get that lad in front of the box with some micro-chips and some blue fizzy sugar-water.

And you've deduced all that from one article, talk about making assumptions.

So because this woman doesn't agree with fishing she's automatically a bad person, perhaps the child is well fed, clothed and looked after. If not being allowed to go fishing is the worst thing that happens in his life he's been very lucky.

Bad, no, ignorant yes, hypocritical, unless a vegan, yes. :whistling:

And you've deduced all that from one article, talk about making assumptions.

It was tongue in cheek. Although she did say she'd destroy his equipment (that he had bought with his own money) and had punished him, and for what reason? Because she doesn't like fishing - well I don't like Hello Kitty but I'm not going to burn my kids toys.

That boy's like the fishing equivalent of Billy Elliot, don't stifle him, let the lad dance!

EDIT: She also said she thought he was at his friends house, and so inside. The TV and X box is an educated guess but I made up the micro-chips bit, for all I know they eat a suckling pig smothered in foie gras for breakfast.

Edited by FalconFN

So because this woman doesn't agree with fishing she's automatically a bad person, perhaps the child is well fed, clothed and looked after. If not being allowed to go fishing is the worst thing that happens in his life he's been very lucky.

Yes you are right he could be a toonfanatical horse puncher

We only know 2 facts from the article his father is dead and she doesn't like fishing, perhaps his father died while out fishing and the letter is emotional outpouring.

We know she also destroys other people property and that she wants to use Councillors and the local media bully and cajole law abiding citizens.....

Well i cant believe nobody has seen the positive side of this. She has just guaranteed that this boy will be a fisherman as soon as he is old enough.

Mam stopped me having a 410 when i was 14, as soon as i was old enough i got my shotgun certificate.

Still think the woman is mad and rather ignorant!

Tight Lines

Aled

It was tongue in cheek. Although she did say she'd destroy his equipment (that he had bought with his own money) and had punished him, and for what reason? Because she doesn't like fishing - well I don't like Hello Kitty but I'm not going to burn my kids toys.

That boy's like the fishing equivalent of Billy Elliot, don't stifle him, let the lad dance!

EDIT: She also said she thought he was at his friends house, and so inside. The TV and X box is an educated guess but I made up the micro-chips bit, for all I know they eat a suckling pig smothered in foie gras for breakfast.

What sort of upbringing did you have ? suckling pig and foie gras indeed, foie gras should be accompanied by light toast and summer leaves whereas suckling pig should have wild rice or at least organic early potatoes, pleeese

??? PR stunt by the shop themselves?

It certainly will get the shop exposure for free that would normally cost thousands.

It demonstrates a young lad can afford to get kitted up and crack on with fishing. Plus with a loopy author of the letter it gets everyone on the 'positive' bandwagon as no-one in their right mind would take them seriously.

Put a hook out like this and you get all the bites you could wish for...!