proper cartridges

Hi George,
I doubt u will remember me but about 3 years ago you were at Pete Coppins in Lincs,i turned up there and i was introduced to you by John,he made us a cuppa each and some biscuits,we were talking shooting etc and you went on to explain the makeup of carts and so on as i was an avid clear pigeon fan,after more tea and banter and John getting worried as you was cutting up cartridges to show me the wad,powder and shot,you eneded up giving me a few boxes of carts to try out one of which was your 32g 6 load,you was at that time undecided on a name for it,id like to let you know that i now shoot exclusively your 32g 6 carts and have done for some length of time now,they shoot well,hit hard,and are good down range and i feel pattern much better,i highly recommend them and have done to a few other customers at coppins when ive been asked.You may or may not remember that particular day but i thort it worth a mention.nige
Edited by nige36

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes but have gone with the popular 6 can make sum please advise quick as you can as I am about to change over to 67mm for the grouse boys in copper shot the game dealer doesn't get these they go to the scrapyard at todays prices of copper unless I make them in 67mm also but if you r quick with definite order will stick about 20 000 in the corner for the lads to work the way through them more money tied up I was rich till I met you lot :good: thanks George

George,

New one on me! what's this about copper shot for grouse? isn't it a bit light to get sufficient shot into a short case? is this plated or solid? why use copper? what are the benefits?

P1

hi mr simjakal not at the moment I am trying to hammer the durham north yorks and up over into Scotland so I can deliver by myself and shoot a few pigeons while I am out I don't realy want to get to big to fast the other people I have met have been through me shooting in that area or friends of friends its marvellous where I end up but and I stress but I don't want to end up been a slave to a machine we work hard on a good day we can make 100 000 and use 3 ton of lead then I have a box coming off on 25 every 6 seconds the problem is there are many specs of carts so what do you make even the colour of the case or the hight of the brass to buy so if you and your mates get to gether then honestly I can maybe head over your way the 15 pounds a thousand to post kills the job where in south wales r you? I hang on ive just thought of a lad who gave me an order in llandinham for 8 000 game see how far you r from there then maybe I can knock you some money of to go and get them from him pm when you can thanks george

hi mr panoma the grouse boys are about 7 miles from my house starting about castleside near consett and its been the fashon to use copper shot yes its coated but looks nice but expensive its about 650 euros per ton to buy on top of the standard lead this is why I make the joke of the scrapyard other than the game dealer no doubt some of the others will tell you a bit better than me thanks george

hi mr simjakal not at the moment I am trying to hammer the durham north yorks and up over into Scotland so I can deliver by myself and shoot a few pigeons while I am out I don't realy want to get to big to fast the other people I have met have been through me shooting in that area or friends of friends its marvellous where I end up but and I stress but I don't want to end up been a slave to a machine we work hard on a good day we can make 100 000 and use 3 ton of lead then I have a box coming off on 25 every 6 seconds the problem is there are many specs of carts so what do you make even the colour of the case or the hight of the brass to buy so if you and your mates get to gether then honestly I can maybe head over your way the 15 pounds a thousand to post kills the job where in south wales r you? I hang on ive just thought of a lad who gave me an order in llandinham for 8 000 game see how far you r from there then maybe I can knock you some money of to go and get them from him pm when you can thanks george

cheers George...im down south near Cardiff,,i beleave llandinham is well up in mid wales...a bit far !

Edited by simjakcal

ok mr Strangford wildfowler can you please tell me how much your carts r over there I have been to japan buying cars 43 times used to fly on thusday buy Friday and back Saturday so Ireland is ok got any pigeons over there got some stone dead and durham mincers to test also how many can you put on the ship Geordie goes to Ireland this should be good thanks george

ok mr Strangford wildfowler can you please tell me how much your carts r over there I have been to japan buying cars 43 times used to fly on thusday buy Friday and back Saturday so Ireland is ok got any pigeons over there got some stone dead and durham mincers to test also how many can you put on the ship Geordie goes to Ireland this should be good thanks george

Good box of carts abouts is about £6-7 to dear that's why I shoot the cheap ****

hi mr panoma the grouse boys are about 7 miles from my house starting about castleside near consett and its been the fashon to use copper shot yes its coated but looks nice but expensive its about 650 euros per ton to buy on top of the standard lead this is why I make the joke of the scrapyard other than the game dealer no doubt some of the others will tell you a bit better than me thanks george

Thanks for the reply George, I thought I had missed something with copper shot! :blush: Nickel and copper plated lead shot I was aware of! probably supposed to work on the same principle as chilled lead shot which has a slightly harder outer covering (is diamond shot the same?)........allegedly supposed to pattern better and be less prone to deforming??

I have a fair supply of cartridges at the moment homeloads and commercially loaded ready for this season.....but would like to try some of your fibre Game cartridges at some point.........any outlets in the Birmingham area?

P1

righty ho this morning have been to linconshire kent Cotswolds midlands Ireland and south wales and only been out of bed just over I hour pleased I am going up factory might end up in bloody honalulu at this rate should have bought a helicopter rather than the old Ferrari thanks all but I am loving it!!!

The trick George is turning all this interest into sales!

I posted earlier "and stand by it!" that the slab of 32g No6's (still got a box or two remainig) didnt float my boat.

lt might be that had l used them in my OU they possibly would have been okay? Ive only used them in my sbs. Im wondering if l tried 30g No6 they possibly maybe a better match or 28g No 7.5's

What would it be to have a slab delivered to my door all in? for the above options ..regards hoggy

edited .. fibre only ... cheers

Edited by hoggysreels

ok people am going to get def sorted out soon with carriers for carts but have a lot to do between then and now theres just the 2 of us trying to keep the bills down busy for the grouse then I love the pigeons don't worry for a sample 1000 I will pay the post but give me time thanks all george

If i read this right and you will send me a thousand post free of 32g no 6 get in touch.