Any wooden boat fans here ?

Catweazle

I'll bet there are a few.

I've done some careful work on this beauty this week, and tomorrow it will get a gentle trip around the bay. If it was mine I'd nail it, but sadly it isn't so a gentle run is on the cards. It sounds fantastic though.

She beautiful would love one of them.

Good work, does she go quick or is she just for cruising in?

Also bet she is some moneys worth

Apparently she'll do 70kmh with 6 people on board, I'll try to take a video, but it will be a gentle run considering her age ( 1963 ) and the fact that she would cost £60,000+ to replace.

Apparently she'll do 70kmh with 6 people on board, I'll try to take a video, but it will be a gentle run considering her age ( 1963 ) and the fact that she would cost £60,000+ to replace.

Flipping hell thats quick, as my granda used to say "speed costs money" and by god he was right

Riva Aquarama one of the most beautiful boats ever made.

The origanal owner designer was very strict in the qaulity of all the parts that made it what it is, seen a documentary on them.

Another similar boat is the Chris Craft but still not on par with that lovely boat.

You must feel lucky to have a spin in it.

Figgy

Edited by figgy

What a wonderful boat.

I have seen the documentary too. Based on Lake Garda weren't they?

Riva Aquarama one of the most beautiful boats ever made.

The origanal owner designer was very strict in the qaulity of all the parts that made it what it is, seen a documentary on them.

Another similar boat is the Chris Craft but still not on par with that lovely boat.

You must feel lucky to have a spin in it.

Figgy

Big fan of wooden boats. Restored a 1920's dragon class yacht with a friend (Who's now a boat builder who makes carbon fibre round the world rowing boat things) - and crewed and raced aboard a beautiful 8metre class yacht 'If' from Aldbergh.

Not usually a fan of motor powered boats apart from for practicality but Riva's are something else! A work of art with an engine in. I'd cut off a finger to blag a ride in one.

One of my favourite things, we spent a week at Lake Garda, they were everywhere we went - mostly German registered

I found it once and have never managed to find it again, but there is video on YouTube of very young Jeremy Clarkson on one of the lakes opening one up.

The most impressive thing is it remains rock solid throughout.

Stunning, there is a guy on our trading estate that has had one under a tarp now for 7 years and never got around to restoring it.

Perhaps I need to visit him with a few quid in hand.

Possibly a fair few quid in a bag for a proper Riva, seen them go for ok money even in a state.

Beautiful boats, and the girls love them haha

I'll bet there are a few.

I've done some careful work on this beauty this week, and tomorrow it will get a gentle trip around the bay. If it was mine I'd nail it, but sadly it isn't so a gentle run is on the cards. It sounds fantastic though.

That, sir, is a thing of beauty. I'd love to own one one day, but they seem to go for £250,000 plus. Gorgeous boats, beautiful sound.

The Clarkson video is the Aquarama, the top-of-the-range twin engined model. The one I've been working on is a bit older, she's a SuperFlorida from 1963, but still stunning. Unfortunately stormy weather prevented us from getting in the water today, I hope to have some photos next week though.