Possible Changes in Powder sales.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

think it will be 500g only.

no bulk buy.

WHY? has there been any public safety incident that has triggered this? or is this just another example of the UK government (or its agencies) showing they have power and control by regulation over its citizens?

What are BASC (or other bodies that claim to represent us!) doing about fighting this threat on our behalf?

Edited by panoma1

hold your horses boys not long finished packaging and classification with health and safety but if you want a definite answer get in touch with vca dangerous goods at leatherhead in surrey the guys in there will know as they are doing this all the time go direct better for us all I have over 7 tons in stock and storage and I will sell you 15 kilos in front of any police station per shotgun certificate so 4 of you come to me at 30 pounds per kilo I will sell no problem as long as the total amount in that car or vehicle does not exceed 50 kilos thanks george

hold your horses boys not long finished packaging and classification with health and safety but if you want a definite answer get in touch with vca dangerous goods at leatherhead in surrey the guys in there will know as they are doing this all the time go direct better for us all I have over 7 tons in stock and storage and I will sell you 15 kilos in front of any police station per shotgun certificate so 4 of you come to me at 30 pounds per kilo I will sell no problem as long as the total amount in that car or vehicle does not exceed 50 kilos thanks george

Got a light! :ninja:

That's going to increase the cost for me :( I do a 40-50 mile round trip for my supplies. Makes 500g of powder a bit dearer. Plus I usually buy other stuff whilst im there and more frequent trips will mean I will buy more other things which also brings the cost up! Haha.

I am right in saying this is on all powders, not just black powder?

Just had a thought. If powder changes state and propels a payload......why not use a gas and air mixture to fire a wad with a load of shot? I have seen it done on YouTube where a potato is propelled hundreds of yards.

The shot container could be loaded into a breech and a bolt/ seal to make it gas tight. Pump the gun once to inject the gas mixture, then pull the trigger and the piezo ignites the gas.

Feasible........or shall I get my coat? Lol.

Edit: it could easily be magazine fed like a Winchester '73.

Edited by Floating Chamber

Just had a thought. If powder changes state and propels a payload......why not use a gas and air mixture to fire a wad with a load of shot? I have seen it done on YouTube where a potato is propelled hundreds of yards.

The shot container could be loaded into a breech and a bolt/ seal to make it gas tight. Pump the gun once to inject the gas mixture, then pull the trigger and the piezo ignites the gas.

Feasible........or shall I get my coat? Lol.

Edit: it could easily be magazine fed like a Winchester '73.

Already happens with Paslode nail guns running on butane but I doubt it would work for an ounce of 6. Bet Lyalvale are rubbing their hands at this seeing how they don't want to supply reloading powders in the first place.

don't worry I will find out all about it in the next few days my first stop will be health and safety and if you lot get in touch as well remember people this is explosives they have to answer you I know the position about decanting and have a e mail to do it I also know about the track and trace your invoice and id covers that when selling powder I also have the go ahead on using used packaging as long as it does not exceed the original quantities but you have to do your own thing to help yourselves this 500 gram job just cannot be invented then put into law without consultation as I said before I will sell you powder outside the police station in a word I think its a load of you know what do some fishing yourselves

Folkestone Eng have got some hot deals.

so has George young at propercartridges.com

No bulk buy and 500g only and new through life tracking like ammo from what I had explained to me.

who told you no bulk buy ? can you tell all of us who said this to you ? as at 9 am I will be on to health and safety auctually there is a email already gone but I will be on the phone the tracking part I already know about bit of a no go coz once its out of the packing its lost anyway but nothing on bulk buy its only last year they put a letter out saying that you can hold up to 15 kilos so whats the outlay of that did you say express said this to you ???

who told you no bulk buy ? can you tell all of us who said this to you ? as at 9 am I will be on to health and safety auctually there is a email already gone but I will be on the phone the tracking part I already know about bit of a no go coz once its out of the packing its lost anyway but nothing on bulk buy its only last year they put a letter out saying that you can hold up to 15 kilos so whats the outlay of that did you say express said this to you ???

My account manager at Lyevale Express.