pattern plate does this look ok

diddy

if your gun fit is bang on and you are sighting correctly, then either you aren't keeping the gun still or the gun is not pointing where you think it should.

ask welsh warrior

he beat me to it whilst i was making a brew

Edited by joecash

To my old eyes, the wad hole cutting the vertical line between sector 16 and 5 at Post #4 needs to be cutting the same vertical line approximately between the figures 1 and 2 bringing the pattern down with it. As you say you place the bead under the quarry that, to me, looks as though the pattern would then centre on it.

Tried

SX ASX A (to far over to the right)

SX BSX B (bit high)

SX CSX C (bit high)

Tempeted to try SC BSX A however manual says to ensure correct drop always match locking plates and shims that have same letters.

Edited by diddy

Personally I would want it a tad lower, but left at that at least it means you wont necessarily have to blot out those crossers and springing teal should be no problem. :)

Did you try shooting a pattern plate with both gun up and gun down, pulling the trigger on the latter as soon as you acquire the target as you would from a stand? If so were the results the same?

Guest cookoff013

try at 16,

at distance ie, 40+ yards that pattern will be very high, probbly the bottom of the pattern would be at the very top of the board.....

good luck.

try this test i belive this is the first test anyone should do before they go out to 30 yards

ok set up a big target move back 15 yards dry mount a couple of times mon

now do this load gun

close eyes , bring up the the gun mounted as you would do normaly .

this is the very important bit DO NOT MOVE THE STOCK were it fits into your shoulder

open eyes now move just the front of the gun to the target and fire .if the gun is out you will see were it is out